Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapeutic Radiography

• 06-12-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to study radiography in Ireland after I do the leaving cert. I would like to go to Dublin but I know I will never get 550 CAO points. Is there a longer course I could do to get there such as studying nursing for a few years before hand? If not, where else can I study radiography? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

http://www.nuigalway.ie/careers/students/faq/radiography.html
    In Ireland there are only 3 universities offering courses:

University College Dublin – BSc Radiography.
    Trinity College Dublin – B.Sc. Honours in Radiation Therapy.
    University of Ulster – BSc Radiography. HPAT entrance test. Apply through UCAS

According to the IIRRT: The Irish Institute of Radiography and Radiation Therapy accredits the UCD Diagnostic Radiography undergraduate degree programme and the TCD Radiation Therapy undergraduate degree programme. Graduates of these programmes do not have to apply for qualification recognition.

There are no conversion courses in Ireland for graduates of other degrees, however they can apply for a second degree through the CAO before February 1st.

Advertisement