Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Sydney suburbs

Options
  • 06-12-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Ok guys so here's the deal have moved over last week and am currently staying with relations in the back arsevof nowhere in kurrajong!! Can't wait to move to the city so will do so this coming week, can any1 let me know what the best suburbs are to live in?? I will be working in construction on the barangaroo project so transport would need to be easily accessible, any advice would be great!! Thanks guys

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Surrey Hills area seemed fine when I was around there but never stayed there.
    Accomadation can be hard and expensive to get around these areas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Pyrmont is a nice area and possible walking distance. Otherwise surry hills, paddington, darlinghurst, glebe, Chippendale. North shore: north Sydney, milsons point/kirribilli, mosmon, cremorne, neutral bay.

Pretty much nearly everywhere near city

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

If you are looking for other Irish lads working in Construction and on the shovel well then Bondi Junction or Coogee are the places to go. EDIT If you are an Engineer and don't want to mix with the common folk well then maybe look at a couple of other places mentioned above!

Entirely depends on what you want to do but if you want to make friends quickly its not a bad bet. Just be prepared to drink in the Tea Gardens / Cock N'Bull quite a lot though!

I enjoyed if for the first year I was hear but am over it now. Still some of the best sessions I have had have been around the Junction. Don't care what people say about it, it can be good damn fun! I was never in trouble, never thrown out never even cut off from the bar, which I sadly can't say for some of my countrymen...usually the same ones each week actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Eastern Suburbs are nice, anywhere from Vaucluse, Bondi, etc. As mentioned anywhere around the city, Balmain & North Sydney too.

Western Suburbs are probably the places to avoid, but are cheaper - and that does make a difference in a city as expensive as Sydney!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

im living at queens park , not too much traffic, its quiet as there are a lot of old folk living in the area and its only a 5 minute walk to bondi junction ,

don't expect to find somewhere to live straight away , it might take a while to find something decent.

and be prepared for it to be expensive too.

Sydney aint cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Any thoughts on North Ryde or Macquarie Park? I've being looking at Milsons Point, seems like a really nice area

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

digiman wrote: »
    Any thoughts on North Ryde or Macquarie Park? I've being looking at Milsons Point, seems like a really nice area

North Ryde and Macquarie Park are a bit far out and the traffic is horrendous from what I hear around there (M2 I think). Trains are not overly frequent either and an expensive taxi ride after a few beers.

Milson's Point...close to the city and the harbour so would expect it to be pricey but it is a nice area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I have a room available to rent out at the moment in Surry Hills

PM me for more details. May suit you or others who are browsing.

Advertisement