Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapeutic Radiography

Options
  • 06-12-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to study radiography in Ireland after I do the leaving cert. I would like to go to Dublin but I know I will never get 550 CAO points. Is there a longer course I could do to get there such as studying nursing for a few years before hand? If not, where else can I study radiography?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Lauren95 wrote: »
    I want to study radiography in Ireland after I do the leaving cert. I would like to go to Dublin but I know I will never get 550 CAO points. Is there a longer course I could do to get there such as studying nursing for a few years before hand? If not, where else can I study radiography?

UCD doesn't do therapeutic radiography, it does diagnostic. TCD does therapeutic.

Dont know if there's a way you can get in differently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

It's way easier to get into in the UK, and some health science courses over there are sponsored by the NHS too.. You should probably look into that if you're serious, because TCD is the only place in Ireland that does it undergrad, and I don't think anywhere does it postgrad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 copperlobo

Hello,

I'm a diagnostic radiographer from Brazil (have 7 years experience). I've been out of radiography for 3 years and have recently settled for good in Ireland (with stamp 4 visa). I am interested to train in Therapeutic Radiology, and am wondering are there any avenues open to me here in Ireland or Northernn Ireland, to do this training on a post-graduate basis rather than as an undergrad?

If anyone knows anything about training in the UK and can give some advise, please let me know also – I’d be very grateful as it is a little bit difficult to access the right information from outside the profession.

Many thanks,
    A

Advertisement