Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public finance

Options
  • 06-12-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey, i have public finance is a optional module next year and i was thinking about doing it, does anyone have any info on it? i imagine it might be a bit of a balls?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Remind me of the module code... It's an economics module right? EC4408 maybe? Eoin Reeves?
    If the above is correct then I take it you are not a business student. What economics modules have you taken before (titles & code)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wayne 91

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Remind me of the module code... It's an economics module right? EC4408 maybe? Eoin Reeves?
    If the above is correct then I take it you are not a business student. What economics modules have you taken before (titles & code)?

Yeah thats the code! No i am studying economics and sociology, so most of my modules are economics ones, EC4003 Intermediate Economics EC4035 Economics of Integration, Intermediate Macroeconomics, MAO102 business maths, MAO103 BM2

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

It should be a good module for you then.

I took the module last year (as a part of the economics and finance major for the business programme).

It mainly looks at welfare theory and economic efficiency (Economics of government intervention in modern economies, taxation policy and how it effects the workforce, consumer and producer behavior, etc...)

I found the module generally interesting. You'll have to love the term pareto efficiency and like drawing indifference curves by the end of the module.

Advertisement