If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Blu-Ray with USB Playback

Options
  • 06-12-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a budget Blu-ray Player as a present.
    The only important feature is USB Media playback.

Can you please recommend me a player that plays:
    MKV and AVI containers with MPEG-4 Part 2 and H.264 codecs
    and has an NTFS compatible USB port.

Basically, which brand has the best USB Video Playback?
    Or if someone could point me in the right direction to find this information I'd appreciate it.
    There doesn't seem to be much info on this feature available:confused:

Regards,
    _G_

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hi Loup

I have a Blu-ray Bargain to offer out to you in the shape of the Philips BDP7500B2

bdp7500b2_12_rtf_.jpg

Maybe the nicest looking BR player out there I reckon
    Certainly very well built with a sturdy metal body,flimsy it is not!

This is a full featured player as you'll see...
    3D playback
    DivX Plus HD certified
    Will output upto 7.1 channels via HDMI (to a suitable amp) and can decode both Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio onboard and pass it out via a bank of 7.1 Phono outs.
    Its a NET TV enabled device so you can plug it into your router and access the internet or BD live content from suitable BR's
    Has 1GB built in storage for BD live content

USB input for playback of various file types. - DivX Plus HD offers the latest in DivX technology to let you enjoy HD videos and movies from the Internet direct to your Philips HDTV or PC. DivX Plus HD supports the playback of DivX Plus content (H.264 HD video with high-quality AAC audio in an MKV file container) while also supporting previous versions of DivX video up to 1080p. DivX Plus HD for true HD digital video.

The list goes on.....

Run your eye over this link for full spec

Its a wonderful player and looks fantastic showing either 2D or 3D BR content.
    It will make a great addition to a Full HD TV and really come into its own when slotted into a full on Home Cinema System.

The news gets better as its only €129.99 thats a saving of €120 of our reg price of €249.99.

We have this unit on demo in store so call on in and check it out!

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 _G_

Hi Nicola,

Thanks very much for your reply.
    While that does look like a good option,
    I was intending on spending a bit less.
    If one of the lads up in Belfast could chime in about the USB (NTFS) playback on their budget models?
    I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,
    _G_

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.