Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build

Options
  • 06-12-2011 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

heres how its going so far one thing with this mother board the cpu socket looks like it just a plastic protective cover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Please tell me you took the plastic cover off?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

no the cpu just sits in there manual didint say take it off

Ok, that's confusing. Do you have the CPU installed, as well as the plastic cover, or just the plastic cover, or just the CPU? Maybe a picture would help.

cpu is sitting in the plastic socket, heat sink is fixed in postion, :(

When you put the cooler on, was the socket:

A) Link
    B)Link
    C) Link

• Advertisement

no m8 it wasent like any a them pictures it came just the way it is advertised on elara thats wherte i got from

Oh. Then you're fine. Boot away!

this is the way it came stright out a the box notice the cpu socket had no remove sticker on it

Well, as long as you actually socketed the CPU, and then the cooler - rather than just the cooler, with nothing underneath - then you're good to go.

ahh nice one i can sleep now i realy thoght i had gubbed it up big time :) thanks for you help there pal

• Advertisement

yeah released the lever droped the cpu in to the socket the heat sink had that artic silver stuff paste already on it so i sat it on the cpu and hooked up on to its clips felt solid enough :)

yeah so now alls i need tae do is get a job and get the rest a the components power supply, cd rom n windows7 :)

Advertisement