Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone With Recent O2 Contract (eg iPhone 4s) Escape Possible.

Options
  • 06-12-2011 10:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

O2 have done a schhneaky one, they changed their T&Cs on the 01 December (and will not bill until 31 days later so you cannot give 30 days notice if you wait 31 days and a bank holiday before you get your next bill can you??)

O2 changed their T&Cs without telling anyone. It is only if you go into an individual all in one plan and click T&Cs that you see the change. This means you may exit your contract, no penalty, in January under Regulation 14 of the Universal Service Regulations 2011 ( used to be a Regulation 11 ?? termination 2003 - 2011)

The details are appearing in this thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1479

The charges for excess out of bundle data, in some cases, have risen by as much as 40% . Price plans affected are "All In One" 100 to around 700. If you are on another tariff...ie not an all in one...the exit clause does not apply.

As the All In One plans were the most dismal data plans in Ireland BEFORE the changes I am sure some of you would like the opportunity to go to a carrier that will give you and your new smartphone a decent all in monthly data allowance.

O2 have not given adequate notification to their customers so even if they do belatedly notify properly so the 30 days could be reset to a date stating tomorrow or later this week or early next meaning a contract escape could be possible AFTER the next billing cycle ends on 01 or 02 January.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I only came across this now. I am currently on an 02 18 months IPhone Contract since December 29th 2010. 350 mins 150 texts and 1gb data.

I presume if they upped their out of bundle data rates I would be eligible to get out. Is there a deadline for getting out, (There was in 12 July 2010 when a similar thing happened with 02.)

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The deadline would appear to be around the 21st to 31st December, you are unlikely to be on one of the affected plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The deadline would appear to be around the 21st to 31st December, you are unlikely to be on one of the affected plans.

:mad:

Advertisement