Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request to reopen thread of Christmas Carols.

Options
  • 06-12-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

I would like an administrator to look at my thread "Music, singing and vocals". This tread contained uploads up u tube videos of three well known Christmas carols.

I put in a tremendous amount of work into assembling this thread which was done solely for the enjoyment of members and guests.

I stressed that it' main benfit to the forum was purlely the enjoyment of those who like this music.

The category moderator whom I responded to told me on two occasions that if I could convince him of the merits of the content, stated that he would consider leaving the thread in place. But convincing is a very subjective subject what will convince some will often annoy others.

The thread received over 1000 views in just over the 24 hours before, to my great disappointment it was removed. It is obvious to me that many people were getting great entertainment and enjoyment from the the carols.

I hope you can see your way to reinstating the thread.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

By my very rough count the thread in question contains the following, give or take a few here and there:

O Holy Night - 72 versions, including one in sign language!
    When a Child is Born - 13 versions
    O Little Town of Bethlehem - 17 versions
    Silent Night - 87 versions
    Mary' Boy Child - 38 versions

Words fail me so I just have one question to ask - are you taking the piss? Seriously, how did you expect that thread to be left up? I'd contend that of the 1,000 views it had, 950+ were from people who couldn't believe what they were seeing.

I suggest you start your own Youtube channel where you can link as many videos as you like. If you want you can then add a link to it in your sig, but please do not start another thread like this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Zaph wrote: »
    By my very rough count the thread in question contains the following, give or take a few here and there:

O Holy Night - 72 versions, including one in sign language!
    When a Child is Born - 13 versions
    O Little Town of Bethlehem - 17 versions
    Silent Night - 87 versions
    Mary' Boy Child - 38 versions

Words fail me so I just have one question to ask - are you taking the piss? Seriously, how did you expect that thread to be left up? I'd contend that of the 1,000 views it had, 950+ were from people who couldn't believe what they were seeing.

No I was not taking the piss. A lot of effort went into finding some marvelous versions of these songs.

Bye the way work on Silent Night had not even begun, in fact as I remember it was not uploaded even once on this thread.

Before this thread was pulled last Sunday morning it had close to 1600 views and it if it had been left there in my opinion it would have been one of the most viewed threads over the Christmas period.

There are some great really versions of the three carols I mentioned and yes I agree with you many of the viewers could not believe what they were seeing, and were returning time and time again for the novelty and enjoyment.

Thanks for the idea of a u tube channel, I must admit that I had never thought of doing this.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I removed the thread. One user posting over two hundred and thirty videos over the course of three days with zero on-thread discussion goes against the principle of Boards.ie as a discussion forum and goes against the subject of the Singing & Vocals forum itself.

If many users are enjoying the videos then where are the thanks or posts from those users?
    If they are just guests and not actual forum members then why does Boards have to be the medium for gathering the videos together? Couldn't a group email or as Zaph suggested, a YouTube channel suffice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement