Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ways to avoid paying the €100 Property Tax

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gigino wrote: »
    The property tax will probably bring in only 50 million, if 500,000 people bother paying it.

By contrast public service pay + pension now is about 10,000,000,000 more than it was ten years ago. Go figure where the savings can be made. Go figure where the 100 quids end up.

Do you know any other songs? Jaysus ...every post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Vizzy

The property tax will probably bring in only 50 million, if 500,000 people bother paying it.

By contrast public service pay + pension now is about 10,000,000,000 more than it was ten years ago. Go figure where the savings can be made. Go figure where the 100 quids end up.

Welcome back and with your new views I'd hardly recognise ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

At least 50% of that 10 billion spent over ten years goes straight back to the state in taxes, and the other 50% is spent in the local economy. Employment and jobs for Irish people and provision of services to the Irish public.

Now 6 billion of taxpayers money was given to Secret and unamed Anglo Irish Bondholders in ONE DAY in 2010, and a total of 40 billion of taxpayers money will be given to these wealthy secret bondholders over the next few years. Time to differentiate between the real problem and the problem made up by the golden circle owned Irish media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 temnos

I live in the country, no public water supply, no public sewage system, no street lighting, no public parks, sports facilities etc. I will not pay this tax it is unfare and unjust. If you live in a council house it seems you get everything at discount or free. Way to reward people for trying to better themselves. thank you fascist fine gael and sell out labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Kat1170 wrote: »
    For ****s sake,every second thread, the Germans do this, the Germans do that, they killed 6+ million people in the gas chambers, should we do that as well :mad::mad:

Don't be silly. There's not 6 million people in our government. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

At least 50% of that 10 billion spent over ten years goes straight back to the state in taxes, and the other 50% is spent in the local economy.
    local economy ? Remember the 2 teachers on the radio recently moaning how they could no longer afford their holiday chalets in Croatia ? Remember the 5 mile tailbacks at all the roads to N. Ireland during the one day public sector strike ?
    Public sector pay + pensions ( the Ponzi public sector pension scheme, costing the country over 100 billion ) now is almost double what it was 10 years ago, so theres a big saving there to be made, as Eddie Hobbs said.
    But let the little people pay the 100 euro tax, everyone knows what the government will do with it. I do not agree with repaying all the foreign bondholders either, but the government thinks if it defaults on them it cannot borrow to pay its employees + social welfare etc tomorrow.( which its borrowing 16 billion a year to do).
    If everyone in the private sector with-held paye, vat, vrt, excise duty, cat, cgt, rates and all the other taxes the government + their employees would soon have to look at the current situation where average public sector pay at 48k is 50% more than equivalent private sector pay. Paying the 100 euro to the government is just paying in to the fund for salary increments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Convert beforehand your €100 into as many small, smaller coins as you can.

Then let the collector in yr County Council contend with a bag of copper and nickel, whatever bullion that you hand in.

Make this charge an absolute pain for Them to count! :pac:

I think i will be doing this. You's should consider this also ;)
    No thanks they just won't be getting anything from me i've already paid for my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

No thanks they just won't be getting anything from me i've already paid for my house.
    That's the problem they will get it off you eventually. If you don't pay it will be billed to your estate when you die :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Crikey I pay all my taxes. But bloody hell i paid 40 K stamp duty just a few years ago. At least give people who paid massive stamp duty some sort of break/reduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ronan45 wrote: »
    Crikey I pay all my taxes. But bloody hell i paid 40 K stamp duty just a few years ago. At least give people who paid massive stamp duty some sort of break/reduction.

Why? No-one forced you to buy a house that incurred stamp duty - you paid it with open eyes.

Also, if you are asking for some cash-back, then what about the tax relief you receive on your mortgage interest? And the increase that you got in the budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

temnos wrote: »
    I live in the country, no public water supply, no public sewage system, no street lighting, no public parks, sports facilities etc. I will not pay this tax it is unfare and unjust. If you live in a council house it seems you get everything at discount or free. Way to reward people for trying to better themselves. thank you fascist fine gael and sell out labour.

No roads, no electricity connection, no emergency services on call, no waste disposal, no hedge-cutting.......... in fact there are no public services whatso ever available to people living in the countryside. Tonwies have the lot, especially Dubliners! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Well it is a pity you dont have any of the services people in towns have. Im not 100% thrilled bout this tax but hey what ya gonna do? even tho some politicans are saying the talk of fines etc is scare mongering its quite simple. I dare the first person who doesnt pay it to see if its scare mongering when they are hit with a court date for non payment. People should know when it comes to money the government will take and take so anyone who tried to say no way ends up in prision, ever not paid your tv licence and got away with it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

No roads, no electricity connection, no emergency services on call, no waste disposal, no hedge-cutting.......... in fact there are no public services whatso ever available to people living in the countryside. Tonwies have the lot, especially Dubliners! :mad:

In fairness, the state our roads are in. They only seem to resurface our road when there has been a bad accident. The hedge cutting is done by the farmers out our way, I'm sure they get some incentive for keeping them low and trimmed. The waste disposal is by a private company.

Friend of mine in the UK pays household charges of about £5k. Lives in Devon, not a big city like London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    ever not paid your tv licence and got away with it?

Lol.

• Advertisement

local economy ? Remember the 2 teachers on the radio recently moaning how they could no longer afford their holiday chalets in Croatia ? Remember the 5 mile tailbacks at all the roads to N. Ireland during the one day public sector strike ?
    Public sector pay + pensions ( the Ponzi public sector pension scheme, costing the country over 100 billion ) now is almost double what it was 10 years ago, so theres a big saving there to be made, as Eddie Hobbs said.
    But let the little people pay the 100 euro tax, everyone knows what the government will do with it. I do not agree with repaying all the foreign bondholders either, but the government thinks if it defaults on them it cannot borrow to pay its employees + social welfare etc tomorrow.( which its borrowing 16 billion a year to do).
    If everyone in the private sector with-held paye, vat, vrt, excise duty, cat, cgt, rates and all the other taxes the government + their employees would soon have to look at the current situation where average public sector pay at 48k is 50% more than equivalent private sector pay. Paying the 100 euro to the government is just paying in to the fund for salary increments.

I get it now, as far as your concerned it's nothing to do with the household charge, it's nothing to do with Secret bondholders, Seanie, Bertie, SCAMA, and the golden circle, its all about ordinary public service workers. :rolleyes:

I work in the private sector, and I have famaily members in the public sector. I find little difference, this problem has not been caused by ordinary irish citizens i.e. public or private sector employee's, and your diverson tactic rants designed to turn it into a private vs public sector worker civil war, instead of the topic of the household tax, says more about you than the real issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I don't mind paying taxes. That's the honest truth.

What bothers me about taxes is when I don't see any value for it. I've lived in a few places....all with very different tax schemes. I've lived in places where 15% of all my income goes to tax at 10% of all my purchases goes to tax. I've lived in other places where it's most like 30% of my income and 20% of sales tax.....

What pisses me off is, I don't see a single bit of difference.

If I'm paying a lot in taxes, I expect some pretty awesome government services. But I don't see any correlation between quality and taxes collected.

It seems like the more money a government collects, the more wasteful it becomes and the more money governemtn employees start to earn.

I'd say the secret Bondholders would support any way of getting taxpayers money.

The 100 euro property tax is not payable to the "secret bondholders" you repeatedly go on and on about. The cheques will go as far as the revenue commissioners / public service. Not that they will get too many of them:rolleyes: - or at least not one from every house. I know one fellow who paid 100,000 in property tax a few years ago. He is not paying a penny more now.

The 100 euro property tax is not payable to the "secret bondholders" you repeatedly go on and on about. The cheques will go as far as the revenue commissioners / public service. Not that they will get too many of them:rolleyes: - or at least not one from every house. I know one fellow who paid 100,000 in property tax a few years ago. He is not paying a penny more now.

The property tax is due to raise 160 million if the sheeple pay it.

So where do you think the 1.6 billion that will be paid over by Irish taxpayers to just ONE single UN NAMED individual Secret Anglo Irish bondholder in the next few months comes from, never mind the BILLIONS more to come ? Who is this bondholder ? Why is his name being kept secret ? What about the freedom of information act ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

It's not for services either. Its just that they are stuck for money and making people pay for the simple pleasure of being allowed to keep their own house seemed like a nice idea for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

The property tax is due to raise 160 million if the sheeple pay it.

So where do you think the 1.6 billion that will be paid over by Irish taxpayers to just ONE single UN NAMED individual Secret Anglo Irish bondholder in the next few months comes from, never mind the BILLIONS more to come ? Who is this bondholder ? Why is his name being kept secret ? What about the freedom of information act ?
    This^. Reality stated^.When clowns come on telling us that the bailout has no effect on Govt finances as it is on the never never, who do you think you are fooling? The money is being paid out in tranches, billions at a time. Meanwhile services are being cut to save mere millions. It is all just spoof and waffle from pro-state mouthpieces- "You are a fool and should go kill yourself". Heard that one before anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

Just say NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

, ever not paid your tv licence and got away with it?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Solnskaya wrote: »
    This^. Reality stated^.When clowns come on telling us that the bailout has no effect on Govt finances as it is on the never never, who do you think you are fooling? The money is being paid out in tranches, billions at a time. Meanwhile services are being cut to save mere millions. It is all just spoof and waffle from pro-state mouthpieces- "You are a fool and should go kill yourself". Heard that one before anywhere?

Well if you can't understand basic maths......................, the bailout has a small effect on finances, not no effect. That would be a dumb interpretation.

http://economic-incentives.blogspot.com/2011/11/deficit-and-banks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EconomicIncentives+%28Economic+Incentives%29

We'd save €800 Million out of a €13.6 Billion deficit next year by not bailing out banks. I'm sure you have analysis to counteract that? Doubt it so insults are all you have.

So 95% of the deficit is to pay for expenditure, the majority Social Welfare and PS pay. Its not palatable for many but the truth often isn't.

This tax is to pay for reduced funding for local Govt. 95% of that cut is for SW, PS pay and other services.

This was expenditure in 2009:
    http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=SNA_TABLE11

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Can you not just pay the tax and be done with it, just as you pay all your other taxes.

You're fooling no-one but yourself by breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

K-9 wrote: »
    Well if you can't understand basic maths......................, the bailout has a small effect on finances, not no effect. That would be a dumb interpretation.

http://economic-incentives.blogspot.com/2011/11/deficit-and-banks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EconomicIncentives+%28Economic+Incentives%29

We'd save €800 Million out of a €13.6 Billion deficit next year by not bailing out banks. I'm sure you have analysis to counteract that? Doubt it so insults are all you have.

So 95% of the deficit is to pay for expenditure, the majority Social Welfare and PS pay. Its not palatable for many but the truth often isn't.

This tax is to pay for reduced funding for local Govt. 95% of that cut is for SW, PS pay and other services.

This was expenditure in 2009:
    http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=SNA_TABLE11
    Condescending, arrogant, misinformed and divorced from reality in the extreme. Beyond garbage. Private equity bondholders have been paid many billions in due repayments as a consequence of the blanket guarantee, from the public purse. This has been faclitated from credit lines extended by the joint IMF/EC Central bank.
    We are borrowing billions to repay pre-existing private debt that has been subsumed to the public balance sheet. Borrowing from the credit union to pay off your cousins credit card debt, if you like.If you are going to educate me about finance perhaps you should first find out at what level of business I operate and wether you are qualified to educate me. Perhaps If the truth were to be known, I could educate you, but this being the internet, no doubt you believe you are the man and I am just a fool. I would be willing to bet that I pay more for my employees paye in a week than you pay tax in a year, but go ahead and tell me how finance works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Solnskaya wrote: »
    Condescending, arrogant, misinformed and divorced from reality in the extreme. Beyond garbage. Private equity bondholders have been paid many billions in due repayments as a consequence of the blanket guarantee, from the public purse. This has been faclitated from credit lines extended by the joint IMF/EC Central bank.
    We are borrowing billions to repay pre-existing private debt that has been subsumed to the public balance sheet. Borrowing from the credit union to pay off your cousins credit card debt, if you like.If you are going to educate me about finance perhaps you should first find out at what level of business I operate and wether you are qualified to educate me. Perhaps If the truth were to be known, I could educate you, but this being the internet, no doubt you believe you are the man and I am just a fool. I would be willing to bet that I pay more for my employees paye in a week than you pay tax in a year, but go ahead and tell me how finance works.

I'll ignore the slurs, all I'm doing is pointing out basic information. If you can point out were he is wrong, way you go. And I mean that from wanting to learn and if I'm wrong,put me right. I've no problem reading and learning.

I wont swallow what Joe Higgins, SF or the populist press tell me.
    Borrowing from the credit union to pay off your cousins credit card debt, if you like

Exactly my whole point so I don't know why you called me a fool. Putting expenditure on the credit card is palatable, sure its the main reason the banks got into trouble, offering huge mortgages, car loans and credit card limits on the presumption the good times would keep rolling. People borrowed on the same reasoning.

I don't agree with it and I don't agree with the Government doing it. THat doesn't negate or make void the figures I've provided. Of the €13.6 Billion we need to borrow next year, €800 Million is on banks, €12.8 Billion is current expenditure.

Now do go on about your qualifications. I'm genuinely interested. If I can learn anything from you all good, its a discussion forum after all. I tend to find people who call others fools with little counter evidence keyboard warriors but the benefit of the doubt is always good in a civil, educational debate. Educate me, I love learning new things! ;) Just post up your information and educate us, no point bragging about it.

I'd also be interested in your analysis of how we cut the €12.8 Billion deficit largely spent on SW and PS pay.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Start a charity with the mission of taking care of number 1 , sell your house to it and rent it back for 1 Euro per year while charging this charity punitive interest on the unpaid house price as your charity will be broke and can only be in debt to you thereby meaning you never lose out if the capital value of the house increases down the line. Being too mean to spend the Euro rent on good works , your charity can then employ you using its 1 Euro income as CEO . You will be in line with most charity quangos which spend most of their income on beardesque expenses. Neither the charity or yourself will be liable for property tax and you will get to put your new job onto your CV which is useful in a time of high unemployment. Start lobbying like fu(k and join a political party, get government funding for your charity and raise your salary while using any additional charity income to pay off the mortgage quickly and also the severely compounded back interest. which it will owe you. Move to Portugal or Malta where all income is tax free. As a member of some government quango you can ask your new mate Bono at dinner parties for tax avoidance advice. After you retire on a generous pension, send in the debt collectors and let whoever you pass management of the charity onto worry about it as they realise they have been handed a poisoned chalice but dont worry someone else will bail them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Pay it. No one forced you to buy a house

The whole supposed status of being a home owner in Ireland has us ****ed

No wonder most of the Germans rent

Which raises an interesting question, if most Germans rent, does that mean that a minority of Germans own an awful lot of houses then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Can you not just pay the tax and be done with it, just as you pay all your other taxes.

Nope!

• Advertisement

Which raises an interesting question, if most Germans rent, does that mean that a minority of Germans own an awful lot of houses then?
    someone must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

says in the times today that anyone who avoids paying it, will have it deducted from their wages.

there you go guys, you lost. no why dont we get back to cooperating and getting the country back on track, instead of constantly forgetting we are in the biggest recession and economic decline in this country's history.

at the end of the day, we have to pay this debt ourselves. regardless of how the government disguise it through taxes, it will be payed. if you refuse to pay the €100 tax, youll find your wage gets taxed another €100 next year. you can refuse all you like, but you wont pay any less in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

they are bringing in a law to take it from wages or social welfare if you don't pay. Ironically brought in to keep the likes of Joe Higgins and Ming Flanagan out of jail. Can't find the link right now. So you can't avoid it.

geetar wrote: »
    says in the times today that anyone who avoids paying it, will have it deducted from their wages.

there you go guys, you lost. no why dont we get back to cooperating and getting the country back on track, instead of constantly forgetting we are in the biggest recession and economic decline in this country's history.

at the end of the day, we have to pay this debt ourselves. regardless of how the government disguise it through taxes, it will be payed. if you refuse to pay the €100 tax, youll find your wage gets taxed another €100 next year. you can refuse all you like, but you wont pay any less in the long run.
    professore wrote: »
    they are bringing in a law to take it from wages or social welfare if you don't pay. Ironically brought in to keep the likes of Joe Higgins and Ming Flanagan out of jail. Can't find the link right now. So you can't avoid it.

Forgetting the self employed again, like they do with them on the live register.
    Well done FG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Sorry to go OT:

In and around 42% of Germans own their own homes. Most in major cities rent, unless they are very wealthy and can afford to buy.
    There's a completely different rental system there, they don't view renting as transient as we do, in other words it's not something you do for the short term, or it's not something that you are forced to do because you can't get funding.

Leases are long, it's strictly regulated, deposits held by an independant body.
    On moving in to a rented property, unless it is a holiday or short term rental, it is unfurnished, without even a kitchen in it. The walls are white and the floors are clean - you will be shown a paid invoice from a painting and cleaning company for the cleaning and you will be expected to use the same company when you leave and you will leave the property how you found it or your deposit will be used, if you wish - meaning you can make any changes while there, as long as you leave it how you got it.

In regards to Germans and buying property - well again they do it differently, there was no bubble in Germany. Germans tend to buy one house, for life. Or they build when they are ready. It can and normally does take them 2 or more years looking at property and then buying.

Normally companies own rentals, the yield is low and steady so that those in the business don't make a quick buck and flip - it's a business.

We are soooooooo far behind them it's unreal....

Sorry for the OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

March, its the only way. If the same number that marched against war Iraq gathered in town in January there would be plenty of notice. If they did it two weekends in a row, then wow. I'm suprised someone like the occupy movement haven't called for this (I'm not however surprised that the unions etc haven't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

You're fooling no-one but yourself by breaking the law.

Thanks Audrey for helping me to see the light !!! :D

professore wrote: »

I hope they do and theyd be right too. The the 9 idiot politicans saying dont pay it are taking people with their stupid illegal cause. Anyone who doesnt pay it is only going to land themselves in big trouble. If you can't afford to pay 2 euro a week starting off then by all means you shouldnt even own a house. It also means you cant budget for sh*t. When myself and wife were both on sociall welfare we managed to pay of our debts, run the house pay mortgage (agreement with bank) pay insurances etc and food. So there is no excuse except (its going to the b*st**d banks and bond holders) SO WHAT there is nothing you can do about it so just keep quiet and get on with it.

The the 9 idiot politicans saying dont pay it are taking people with their stupid illegal cause.

It's up to 17 politicans now...... and growing.

Anyone who doesnt pay it is only going to land themselves in big trouble. If you can't afford to pay 2 euro a week starting off then by all means you shouldnt even own a house. It also means you cant budget for sh*t.

Good luck budgeting for sh*t when it is a tenner a week in a year or two.

• Advertisement

And you know what Id still pay it. it's a bill like anyone other, you dont pay you suffer the consequences. But I can honestly tell you my charge wont be that. Il even come back when im told what it will be and il let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

I hope they do and theyd be right too. The the 9 idiot politicans saying dont pay it are taking people with their stupid illegal cause. Anyone who doesnt pay it is only going to land themselves in big trouble. If you can't afford to pay 2 euro a week starting off then by all means you shouldnt even own a house. It also means you cant budget for sh*t. When myself and wife were both on sociall welfare we managed to pay of our debts, run the house pay mortgage (agreement with bank) pay insurances etc and food. So there is no excuse except (its going to the b*st**d banks and bond holders) SO WHAT there is nothing you can do about it so just keep quiet and get on with it.

The very fact FG threaten this and you agree, proves you both know dam well the vast majority Intend to boycott the household charge,as for those politicans boycotting it, all they re doing is representing those who voted them, standing up for average working people, but the likes of you and blueshirts FG would never know a thing about that would you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Oh so you and your wife managed to do it so that means everyone else should be able to?

Why do people have this mentality that you should happily go along like sheep with everything your government does when it's clearly not benefiting us?

Also you mentioned there being no excuse except it's going to the bastard banks and bondholders, pretty good excuse right there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I see now on the news that they are looking at taking the tax/fine straight from your wages/SW if you refuse to pay to avoid having to jail people!!!!

Am Chile wrote: »
    The very fact FG threaten this and you agree, proves you both know dam well the vast majority Intend to boycott the household charge,as for those politicans boycotting it, all they re doing is representing those who voted them, standing up for average working people, but the likes of you and blueshirts FG would never know a thing about that would you.

I just dont see the point in fighting it. And I guarantee you that the vast majority of the country WILL pay it because they dont want to risk the fine and they will find the 100 somewhere. As for the politicans that are boycotting it, there all nobodys. I never even heard of them till al this s**t started with the household charge.

And you know what Id still pay it. it's a bill like anyone other, you dont pay you suffer the consequences. But I can honestly tell you my charge wont be that. Il even come back when im told what it will be and il let you know.

Because our island is blessed cursed with suckers like your good self, The cretins that run the country know ye will always cough up the dough so they keep trying to squeeze more from people.

• Advertisement

lrushe wrote: »
    I see now on the news that they are looking at taking the tax/fine straight from your wages/SW if you refuse to pay to avoid having to jail people!!!!

Do you honestly think that this will be introduced soon, Not a chance it will take time and possibly have serious flaws same as everything else in Ireland. So don't let that rubbish scare ye into paying.

Tayla wrote: »
    Oh so you and your wife managed to do it so that means everyone else should be able to?

Why do people have this mentality that you should happily go along like sheep with everything your government does when it's clearly not benefiting us?

Also you mentioned there being no excuse except it's going to the bastard banks and bondholders, pretty good excuse right there!

It doesnt matter what the government do. people are never happy. They could say here is 150 euro for each household but we need 125 back so we can pay this or that. You would all still complain about it even though your 25 quid up. The days of social being raised and low vat rates, low fuel cost etc are long gone. If we want to get out of this hole people have to help or do you all expect the rich and those earning over 50k to contribute 30% of their salary and the little people get away scott free? I am one of the little people im not rich quiet the oppisite and im not involved with any political party but I just think its stupid the way you all plan to risk a fine and prision all for the sake of 100 euro when they will still get it regardless from your fine plus the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

charlemont wrote: »
    Because our island is blessed cursed with suckers like your good self, The cretins that run the country know ye will always cough up the dough so they keep trying to squeeze more from people.

No, its cursed with suckers who vote for people who tell them they can have everything (increased public spending, public service pay, social welfare etc) and then who cry when we cant afford to continue with such expenditure and/or need to raise taxes to pay for it.

drkpower wrote: »
    No, its cursed with suckers who vote for people who tell them they can have everything (increased public spending, public service pay, social welfare etc) and then who cry when we cant afford to continue with such expenditure and/or need to raise taxes to pay for it.

Funny how we only need a property tax now just to pay banks, Pile of ****e..If our taxes weren't squandered I would not be opposed to this but for such a small country to be so badly run just shows the recession has thought the ruling classes nothing. Lads ye will only be paying this tax and the money won't do anything to improve your local communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

I just dont see the point in fighting it. And I guarantee you that the vast majority of the country WILL pay it because they dont want to risk the fine and they will find the 100 somewhere. As for the politicans that are boycotting it, there all nobodys. I never even heard of them till al this s**t started with the household charge.

the vast majority of the country WILL pay it

Rubbish they won,t, after listening to people on different radio shows phoning in,reading different letters in the papers, looking at all the polls, the vast majority have no Intention of paying the household charge, public opinion is against the household charge and fine gael know this,with 18 tds prepared to boycott it and some willing to risk jail, the only reason fine gael are threatening such legistraion is because they dam well know there,s gonna be a mass boycott.

• Advertisement
Advertisement