Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance claim

• 06-12-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just looking for information on making a claim to car insurance.
    B/F wrote off car over weekend and will be claiming off car insurance. We have given them details and waiting for our claims handler to get back to us but would like to know what's normally involved / procedure of making claim.
    BTW the car doesn't have NCT on it, when we renewed insurance this year it had already run out but we weren't asked for NCT cert (I was on my car when renewing ins)
    It was one car collision.
    How long does claim take?
    Will NCT affect claim?
    What happens with car?
    Will we get list price or what company say is list price?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 herrys

Most drivers are pretty safe and only bother insurers once or twice in their life. When it is not a regular occurrence people do not remember what to do or how it works. Common sense will guide you through it pretty well under most circumstances. Still, knowing what should happen next will enable you to get through the incident better. It will help to go over the typical timeline that follows after an accident. This is actually a great chance to assess if you are with one of the best car insurance companies from the way they support you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but because of the fact there isnt an NCT on the vehicle then the insurer could well reject any claim.

For vehicles to be covered fully under insurance they have to be "road worthy"

A vehicle without a valid NCT could be deemed non road worthy.

You/he can seriously count yourself lucky if they pay out on it.

Advertisement