Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlords in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Area

Options
  • 06-12-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone,

I'm currently renting a tiny 1 bedroom apartment with my 2 y/o child.
    My lease expires in January and I'm looking to move into a 2 bedroom. However, I can't seem to find anywhere decent that accepts rent supplement. I'm a mature student studying in UCD, and since I'm also a single mum there's just no time in my week to fit a job, hence the RS.
    I'm spending a lot of my free time looking on daft for another place but everywhere is so expensive and anywhere that accepts RS is pretty depressing.

If you are a landlord/know a landlord and you/they have a decent place within the confines of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and are willing to accept RS could you send me a private message with your phone number?

I just want to make it clear that I'm a hardworking mum and I just want a decent place for myself and my daughter. I realise there is a stigma attached to RS, but I'm clean & tidy, trustworthy and I am looking for somewhere for a number of years.

It doesn't have to be fancy! Mould free and warm is a plus though...

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

healz wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be fancy!

It doesnt have to be fancy but it has to be in DLRCC ? maybe you should broaden your search area.

Its not like there arent good transport links to UCD from most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pricy area

Can you travel a bit? Move out the area?

I don't know your entitlements, would you be entitled to a bus pass?
    Not much point saving on rent but commuting eating that up

• Registered Users Posts: 19 healz

I can't move out of that area because I am on DLR's housing list and Community Welfare won't give rent allowance outside the area that one is on the housing list for. If I moved out of the area I have to apply to that particular borough's housing list which takes months. Believe me, I would happily move further afield if I wasn't bound by red tape.

And not all places in DLR are fancy! Granted, there are lots. Maybe I should clarify: if it doesn't have fancy schmancy porceline tiles and granite worktops it's fine by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

healz wrote: »
    I can't move out of that area because I am on DLR's housing list and Community Welfare won't give rent allowance outside the area that one is on the housing list for. If I moved out of the area I have to apply to that particular borough's housing list which takes months. Believe me, I would happily move further afield if I wasn't bound by red tape.

And not all places in DLR are fancy! Granted, there are lots. Maybe I should clarify: if it doesn't have fancy schmancy porceline tiles and granite worktops it's fine by me!

I would have thought you could easily transfer from one list to another. I accept the councils arent all that efficent at times but I would have thought this is easy enough.

ah well best of luck searching

You need to live in or have a connection to the area you apply in. I grew up and still live in DLR. That's what they told me anyway.

The whole process is a nightmare :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

New rules came in, in April this year regarding the housing list You cant transfer anymore you have to set up a new claim every time you move to a new area and as the OP stated it does take months for them to interview you and put you on this list all the while you cant claim RS as the welfare officer needs proof that your on the list its a whole load of red tape.

If you do get a decent CWO who accepts a letter stating your waiting for your interview then they can give you the RS while your waiting

Yea that's what my CWO told me too.
    Mine is lovely and very helpful if I have any questions.

Anyway, if any landlords are reading, please pm me your number!

Thanks all.

Advertisement