Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gasification logs supplier

• 06-12-2011 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi,recently fitted gerkros gasification log boiler,very happy with results but my log supply wont be ready till next year,im living near leixlip area and wonder does anyone know of supplier with DRY logs ,prefer cut to my length but will take any length if dried properly ,tried kiln dried but burnt like tissue paper,most suppliers say its cut and stored for 12-18 months but when delivered its damp crap,thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kel01

Hi Mickok,

I realise this is an old thread but I was just wondering did you ever manage to find a supplier that would render using the gasifier economical in comparison to an oil boiler. I've been trying different suppliers in the area(I'm in Kildare area too) but the price per m3 of ~20% mc is on a par with price using oil.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Jack180570

Kel01 wrote: »
    Hi Mickok,

I realise this is an old thread but I was just wondering did you ever manage to find a supplier that would render using the gasifier economical in comparison to an oil boiler. I've been trying different suppliers in the area(I'm in Kildare area too) but the price per m3 of ~20% mc is on a par with price using oil.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi Kel01,
    What is the price per m3 of M20 gasifier logs in your area? Also is it a loose m3 and what is the volume per delivery. Also what is the method of delivery? Also is it hardwood or softwood?

It is very bad for the expansion of the domestic renewable heat industry if homeowners are not able to achieve savings of 30% to 40% over oil after making the significant investment in a wood gasifier heating system.

What price per m3 would M20 softwood need to be for you to achieve a 30% saving over oil?
    Do you have sufficient storage space to receive a loose 10m3 load of firewood? 20m3?

You don't say how long you have your gasifier installed but do you have any idea of what your annual consumption of M20 softwood logs would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kippax

Has anyone dealt with evergreen energy we purchased an ETA system from them its mainly fine but there after sales service and customer care is very poor just wondered if anyone out there had any dealings with them

Advertisement