Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adrian K attacks boards.ie cowards

• 06-12-2011 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Listening to the FM104 phoneshow and about 10 minutes ago either Adrian Kennedy or Jeremy Dickson said loadsa cowards inhabit this website and attack radio programmes only because they are hiding behind a pseudonym. They were wrapping up a topic about cyberbullying on Facebook when he made the comments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

I happen to love Adrian and Jeremy's "Get it off your chest" segment.

Radio gold, always good for a laugh, and the rapport between them is excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭john_reilly74

coonecb1 wrote: »

it makes for compelling listening at times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

'Establishment hack can't deal with ordinary peoples' criticism of him, shocker.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

it makes for compelling listening at times

+1 indeed to the above.

The programme is amongst the finest examples of Irish radio broadcasting. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

isit not cowardly to post on a board under a user name??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I think Adrian K is a coward. Lets see him come on here and say those things to our dimly-lit faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hiding behind pseudonyms and usernames ?

What's that when it's at home?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

@ posts 4,6,7 & 8.

You're playing into their hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Lapin wrote: »
    @ posts 4,6,7 & 8.

This.

Classic publicity maneouvre. Their ratings must be falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Iit was Jeremy that said it. Doubt ADrain even knows what boards.ie is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

@ posts 4,6,7 & 8.

Ahem,
    Post 7 was a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Listening to the FM104 phoneshow and about 10 minutes ago either Adrian Kennedy or Jeremy Dickson said loadsa cowards inhabit this website and attack radio programmes only because they are hiding behind a pseudonym. They were wrapping up a topic about cyberbullying on Facebook when he made the comments.

I didn't hear it myself but I would imagine they are pretty much spot on. You would have to suspect that a lot of the sniping which occurs here comes from people within the industry. It's never been any different on Irish Radio bulletin boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

Well I'm not an industry hack and from what I've heard of the AK phone show, it was a pile of crap. It always sounded to me like a bunch of skangers and taxi drivers phoning in to be berated by AK with his high moral ground attitude. I'm not sure why you'd phone in to talk to those two muppets.

squonk wrote: »
    Well I'm not an industry hack and from what I've heard of the AK phone show, it was a pile of crap. It always sounded to me like a bunch of skangers and taxi drivers phoning in to be berated by AK with his high moral ground attitude. I'm not sure why you'd phone in to talk to those two muppets.

It's targeted at a Dublin audience, you probably wouldn't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I wonder do the callers that contribute to his show have to provide their real names and addresses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

squonk wrote: »
    The Muppet wrote: »

I think he does get it:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

+1 indeed to the above.

The programme is amongst the finest examples of Irish radio broadcasting. :)
    What??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Genuinely enjoy it in a "so bad it's endearing" sense. Some of the most brilliantly horrendous callers I've ever heard too.

Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

His little sidekick reminds me a thicker more idiotic richard hammond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Since when did this guy take over from the epic Chris Barry? never heard of him TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Kennedys been doing that slot for donkeys years now. Duno wat ever happened to chris barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭john_reilly74

neris wrote:
    Kennedys been doing that slot for donkeys years now. Duno wat ever happened to chris barry
    Repped. Can barely remember C Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

neris wrote: »

Didn't he get sick or something??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭squonk

Christ Barry was more of the same! I do think he was a bit better though but it's so long ago now I can't really remember and I don't live to tune into these shows if you know what I mean!

One thing that irritated me always about Christ Barry was he'd sometimes comment on the weather before closing the show. I'm interested in weather so you'll see me over on the Boards Weather forum and I'm reasonably well informed about the weather.

Chris Barry, however, was not. The Met office might say that temps would drop to 0c overnight with a slight frost and Barry would finish up saying 'I'm tellin ya, it'll be COLD tonight, an ice age out there', or a bit of wind might be forecast and he'd start talking about hurricanes. I think he was just playing to his audience as it just smacked of brainless interpretation of facts with a healthy view to focusing on everything being some sort of disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Spacedog wrote: »
    Since when did this guy take over from the epic Chris Barry? never heard of him TBH.

Summer of 1996 if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

suck up.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The Muppet wrote: »

I'm from Dublin and I think it's a waste of airtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

It seems that some people involved in media work but also have other interests outside the media circle in their words get "a torrid of abuse" not only on forums like this but on other media/social networks and to be honest they don't like it one bit. They feel people shouldn't hide behind usernames etc etc. The use of the term "boards" just doesn't mean this website/forum but media/social networks in general.

Its also having an affect on media sales in general as people turn more so to their digital devices to express their opinion rather than ring a phone show. Sign of the times really.

Although what The Muppet has said above is spot on. Certain people (and its only human nature) use these forms of communtication for the wrong resons. They may think that they can do a better job than joe Bloggs behind the mic on drivetime so they post day after day about how crap the show is or he/she is getting paid too much....

Its another form of trolling. Would you agree?

bbability wrote: »

Although what The Muppet has said above is spot on. Certain people (and its only human nature) use these forms of communtication for the wrong resons. They may think that they can do a better job than joe Bloggs behind the mic on drivetime so they post day after day about how crap the show is or he/she is getting paid too much....

Not sure I'd call it trolling , criticism is good but sometimes it goes beyond that criticism and turns to thinly veiled abuse.

Everyone thinks they can be a radio presenter without any training, just sit behind the mic and start talking, as anyone involed in radio knows it's not as simple as that if you want people to listen to you, there's a lot of prep goes into successful radio shows.

Reading through the threads here is a giggle when you see presenters being criticised when in fact they are doing it as they should. For example presenters are quite often criticised for personalsing their links with their own life experiences when in fact the average listener actually like this as it makes them feel they have a more personal contact with the presenter. The relationship between presenter and listener should be like that of two friends, You tell your friends about your holidays and what you did at the weekend don't you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Certain people (and its only human nature) use these forms of communtication for the wrong resons. They may think that they can do a better job than joe Bloggs behind the mic on drivetime so they post day after day about how crap the show is or he/she is getting paid too much....

What would be the “correct” reasons for using this forum then – if criticism is now considered to be trolling apparently?

And in the case of someone like Tubridy for example, I don’t believe many of his critics who post on this forum think they could do a better job than him – they just think someone else would be better, for the money he is on.

In my opinion if a show is crap day after day after day, there is nothing wrong with posting criticism daily. Is this trolling? Absolutely not in the sense that truth has to be a good defence to any accusation.

You yourself posted some outrageous comments on the Colm Hayes Show thread recently – defending/ lauding presenters who strike good deals for themselves and ignoring the “value for money” aspect. That was well up there with the most provocative stuff posted on this forum in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    What would be the “correct” reasons for using this forum then – if criticism is now considered to be trolling apparently?

And in the case of someone like Tubridy for example, I don’t believe many of his critics who post on this forum think they could do a better job than him – they just think someone else would be better, for the money he is on.

In my opinion if a show is crap day after day after day, there is nothing wrong with posting criticism daily. Is this trolling? Absolutely not in the sense that truth has to be a good defence to any accusation.

You yourself posted some outrageous comments on the Colm Hayes Show thread recently – defending/ lauding presenters who strike good deals for themselves and ignoring the “value for money” aspect. That was well up there with the most provocative stuff posted on this forum in years.

How dare you accuse me of posting outrageous comments. Those comments as you put it are my opinions and you might find that I don't post about the same thing day in day out.

Take that back.

By the way the discussion is about a presenters opinion on these types of forums not Ryan Tubridy or RTE. That's well covered right across this website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

How dare you accuse me of posting outrageous comments. Those comments as you put it are my opinions and you might find that I don't post about the same thing day in day out.

Take that back.

By the way the discussion is about a presenters opinion on these types of forums not Ryan Tubridy or RTE. That's well covered right across this website.

I thought your comments on the Hayes thread were outrageous and nasty and full of attitude.

I wasnt the only one who had a problem with what you posted there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Chris Barry moved to 98fm at the time, think he was off the air for around 1yr first. Adrian used to get pissed off when callers would call him Chris. It went on for a few yrs. I like the show but sometimes it can be ****e, that regular caller who has a huge chip on his shoulder does my head in

Advertisement