Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Forum Improvements - December 2011

Options
  • 07-12-2011 12:37am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I wanna ask everyone what kind of changes you think I could make to improve the forum.

One thing I think that i should add is a thread for people to post up requests for or offers of grinds. It would help stop but the spammers aswell, but i would prob impose a post minimum on it to stop people just signing up to post then fecking off.

Anyway, i open the floor to your suggestions and discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Perhaps to increase forum membership and usage you could ask for some publicity via DIT News and other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know you've said it before, but unlike other college forums I think this has a real question and answer feel to it. Like you go into other forums and they have a community feel, active off topic threads and have beers and stuff.

I don't really know how you'd go about improving it though, we somehow need to build up a bigger group of regular posters to hook new people in to sticking around..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I know you've said it before, but unlike other college forums I think this has a real question and answer feel to it. Like you go into other forums and they have a community feel, active off topic threads and have beers and stuff.

I don't really know how you'd go about improving it though, we somehow need to build up a bigger group of regular posters to hook new people in to sticking around..

I completely agree with you on this score, and I've been trying to change that with threads like the off topic thread, and the DIT irritations thread, but as yet to no avail. And its not like we don't have regular posters, we do, but at the moment they are just asking and answering questions.

If I thought it would help, I'd organise a boards beers, but honestly i don't think many would come to it.

Any suggestions on how we can solve this problem are much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Like most things getting going, the key is a critical mass of users. Once enough people start posting here, it will become less transient. I don't know if there's anyway to advertise it on the campuses, or if that would even be desirable, but might be something to think about...

Aard wrote: »
    Like most things getting going, the key is a critical mass of users. Once enough people start posting here, it will become less transient. I don't know if there's anyway to advertise it on the campuses, or if that would even be desirable, but might be something to think about...
    It's definitely something to look into. I'll bring it to the higher ups and see what they think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

If I thought it would help, I'd organise a boards beers, but honestly i don't think many would come to it.
    we could try a beers night:D just run a poll or 2 to pick a date/pub, ya will probably get an idea if anyone will come early on can cancel if there is no intrest. (im thesis year so couldnt guarantee anything)
    can of sweetcorn to identify a table in the selected pub, sorted!

overshoot wrote: »
    we could try a beers night:D just run a poll or 2 to pick a date/pub, ya will probably get an idea if anyone will come early on can cancel if there is no intrest. (im thesis year so couldnt guarantee anything)
    can of sweetcorn to identify a table in the selected pub, sorted!
    I'd definitely be up for a beers. I'll put out the feelers and see what the reaction is.

Advertisement