Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social care

• 07-12-2011 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I wonder can anyone help me, Id love to study social care part time but my problem is I never finished the Leaving Cert, something came up after I finished 5th year and finishing was not an option for me, now some years later the thought of getting back into the leaving cert is very daunting, also id like to stay working full time. Is there anyway I could study social care at second level then carry it on in a third level course? Ive heard of this kind of thing before but cant find anything online.

Please let me know if youve got any answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kitty20

Oh and also id preferably study in South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If you haven't completed six years in school, you can go and repeat in any school near you, if you like. Or, you can go to an adult education centre and get it that way. There's loads of different ways to get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

And I misread. Clever.

You can look into doing FETAC level 5 courses, but they're often full time. The other options are doing night classes or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dalian11

hi kitty,
    i was in a similar position to you a number of years ago, having left school without my leaving certificate. perhaps you should contact the access officer at your nearest third-level college. i completed the social care degree on a full time basis. its possible that you may qualify for BTEA and/or Maintenance Grant. the social care course is quite interesting and is a necessary qualification for employment in so many area.

Advertisement