Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Inidcators/ Park lights

Options
  • 07-12-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Well lads, is anyone wise on how to wire my front indicators to run constant like parking lights and flash then when i want to indicate for that JDM look :P

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that not more an American look than Japanese?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭nickcleverley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is that not more an American look than Japanese?
    Maybe it is, do ya know how to do it?

What car is it?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What car is it?
    E11 Corolla :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Its the way many USDM cars are set up but it would only look right on a car that was available in the US imo.

Doing on that car would be difficult as you need to be able to regulate the voltage going to the indicator bulb as it would be far too bright driving around with the normal indicator brightness on all the time.

• Advertisement

Its the way many USDM cars are set up but it would only look right on a car that was available in the US imo.

Doing on that car would be difficult as you need to be able to regulate the voltage going to the indicator bulb as it would be far too bright driving around with the normal indicator brightness on all the time.

Oh alright, one of my mates has amber bulbs in his parks on his older corolla and it looks the shizzle, was hoping to do it with mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Either MCG Autosytling or Redpower do kits for this but i forget which one.

either way it will look like a total fail, the e11 was built for the european market only, so to make it look JDM/ USDM just screams "i know **** all about cars". in my opinion of course.

andyseadog wrote: »
    Either MCG Autosytling or Redpower do kits for this but i forget which one.

either way it will look like a total fail, the e11 was built for the european market only, so to make it look JDM/ USDM just screams "i know **** all about cars". in my opinion of course.

Okay then you're prob right.. any other mod ideas? :) maybe how to turn my fogs yellow? She's g6 btw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Use a twin element bulb and socket in place of the single indicator bulb.
    Disconnect the parking light and reconnect to one element.
    Reconnect your indicator wire to the other element.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

hi5 wrote: »

But would one filament stay on while the indicator is flashing away? I know my brake lights are similar to this with my rear parking lights and if I put the bulb in backwards, you can't see my brake lights.

• Advertisement

hi5 wrote: »

That doesnt work it'll only have the effect of

Bright-dim-bright-dim

Instead of

On-off-on-off

Advertisement