Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 24mb upgrade line is worse than slower one I had!

Options
  • 07-12-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi,

I received a letter saying Eircom were offering me a free upgrade to 24mb NGB (I'm currently paying for NGB 8mb).

Anyway, I was told my current package has unlimited download but my new 24mb line would have a 50gig a month download (which seems ridiculous in the first place)...anyway, I decided to go for the faster line.

Incidently, when I signed up for the 8mb NGB I was getting dropped connections every minute or so, so I phoned support and the guy said the 8mb was too fast for my phone line and slowed it down to 6mb or so.

After that I've been getting 600k a second which is fair enough. The 24mb line has supposedly kicked in today, and it is TEN TIMES SLOWER than my previous "8mb" connection!!!

I'm getting roughtly 60k a second, and the connection cuts out every minute or so rebooting the router. This is obviously a fault with the line of some sort.

If Eircom have to slow me back down to 6mb speed again in order to give me a functional broadband connection, but cap my download limit at 50gig I'll go bananas!

This "free upgrade" had two conditions - one was that the download limit would be put in place at 50gig, and two, that I was agreeing to a new 12 month contract with Eircom.

If my speed is reduced back to 6mb to get the broadband working I will not be agreeing to the download limit cap, or the new 12 month contract.

This would be just ridiculous. I would assume by Eircom sending me the letter in the first place and telling me that my line was suitable for a 24mb connection, that it would actually so.

In my opinion, the "upto 24mb" connection does not apply if my line is incapable of getting anymore than 6mb!

Regards

Philip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Philip42 wrote: »
    Hi,

I received a letter saying Eircom were offering me a free upgrade to 24mb NGB (I'm currently paying for NGB 8mb).

Anyway, I was told my current package has unlimited download but my new 24mb line would have a 50gig a month download (which seems ridiculous in the first place)...anyway, I decided to go for the faster line.

Incidently, when I signed up for the 8mb NGB I was getting dropped connections every minute or so, so I phoned support and the guy said the 8mb was too fast for my phone line and slowed it down to 6mb or so.

After that I've been getting 600k a second which is fair enough. The 24mb line has supposedly kicked in today, and it is TEN TIMES SLOWER than my previous "8mb" connection!!!

I'm getting roughtly 60k a second, and the connection cuts out every minute or so rebooting the router. This is obviously a fault with the line of some sort.

If Eircom have to slow me back down to 6mb speed again in order to give me a functional broadband connection, but cap my download limit at 50gig I'll go bananas!

This "free upgrade" had two conditions - one was that the download limit would be put in place at 50gig, and two, that I was agreeing to a new 12 month contract with Eircom.

If my speed is reduced back to 6mb to get the broadband working I will not be agreeing to the download limit cap, or the new 12 month contract.

This would be just ridiculous. I would assume by Eircom sending me the letter in the first place and telling me that my line was suitable for a 24mb connection, that it would actually so.

In my opinion, the "upto 24mb" connection does not apply if my line is incapable of getting anymore than 6mb!

Regards

Philip

Hi Philip,

Can you PM with your telephone number and I can check the connection and history on the account.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement