Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E5 to iPhone 4s

Options
  • 07-12-2011 10:19am
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My missus has only just bought a Nokia E5 on company bill pay with vodafone earlier this year. She isn't happy with it so I am looking at the possibility of getting her an iPhone 4s for Christmas.

I know someone that has just bought one on vodafone bill pay upgrade but has decided not to use it and is looking to sell it. It hasn't been switched on or even opened.

What I want to know is, what will I have to do once I buy this phone? Will I have to get a micro sim for the iPhone or is the sim in the E5 a micro sim itself, will I need to unlock the iPhone etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The phone won't need to be unlocked as its on vodafone and your wife is too. She will need to however go into a vodafone shop and get her sim swapped for a micro sim. Its all done there and then and its usually free.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great stuff TechGuy, thanks very much. I must go to vodafone to see what way I can go about having the sim for her for Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tell her synch all her contacts from the E5 to Outlook ...using the Nokia PC Suite software. Then she can push them all via iTunes to the new phone in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

cournioni wrote: »
    Great stuff TechGuy, thanks very much. I must go to vodafone to see what way I can go about having the sim for her for Christmas.
    Yeah as afaik they will give you a new bank sim and then on Christmas day she can ring customer care to switch her number over to the new sim. Not sure if it will be immediate with it being Christmas day though. I know porting from other networks can be slow around Christmas so this could be too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    they will give you a new bank sim
    "Blank" sim :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

There was an update that came down for the LG last week to sort the problem of voicemail notification and some other issue (which doesn't apply to me) regarding exchange 2003. However, since this update (or might have been before it) I can't download any of my @vodafone.ie mail. My gmail and hotmail still work perfectly. i've checked that I am still using pop.vodafone.ie incoming and mail.vodafone.ie as the outgoing server.

Advertisement