Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to exchange Money

• 07-12-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Im heading away to england at the weekend for a few days and was thinking,Where is the best place to exchange my money for £STG, Should I head over and get money out of an ATM or should I go too a bank here. Where would I get the better deal overall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Im heading away to england at the weekend for a few days and was thinking,Where is the best place to exchange my money for £STG, Should I head over and get money out of an ATM or should I go too a bank here. Where would I get the better deal overall?

For convenience, I always just use away at my credit card or make ATM withdrawals. It's safer too than carrying a large amount of money.

However, AFAIK you will get a better rate for swapping Euro for Sterling in a bank.

If you know any students (possibly pensioners) they can often exchange money commission free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Some useful info on ATM charges here might help
    http://www.moneyguideireland.com/atm-charges-for-non-euro-cash-withdrawals.html

If you are with Ulster Bank - use Nat West ATM for no fees

Advertisement