Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog crate

• 07-12-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

Hey guys...

I'm looking for a large dog crate something like this:

dogcratecutout.jpg

Second hand, because the new ones are a ridiculous price. The only ones I can find online are in Mayo/east coast.

Can anyone let me know if they come across one locally second hand for reasonable money? Or if any of you are looking to get rid of one I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

What size does it need to be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

For a Lab/samoyed cross so pretty big, probably around 95 x 65 x 15 cm or so.

Bummer .... have one under the stairs - used maybe once .... but too small for a lab. ( tis the middle sized one of 3 available in pet shop at the time ).

Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

I got one in Argos, but try the buy and sell, they are often in there. Another option is to ring lim animal welfare, they may know of a place to get them cheap. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Bummer .... have one under the stairs - used maybe once .... but too small for a lab. ( tis the middle sized one of 3 available in pet shop at the time ).

Sorry.

Thanks anyway mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Looking for one myself to get the dog in from outside in this cold weather. She is a labrador too! DOn't think I could trust her inside unless she was in a crate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

DOh! Had one exactly like the photo (foldable cage) for absolutely ages at our place (other half was a dog groomer) that I'd of happily given away for free. Got rid of it a few months ago to the recycle plant unfortunately.

christies or Zooplus usually have ok prices.
    christies are in N.Ireland Zooplus are sometimes shipped from Germany even if you order form the Irish store.

I would consider an OK price to pay as things go.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/carriers/metal_cages_and_boxes/129679
    Have ordered Kennels (for Cats) from them before at great prices and low delivery fees.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

The one in your OP is def the best deal I have found yet

http://www.jebbtools.ie/.Dog-Crate-XX-Large-DCG01-XXL-_DCG03.htm

bones of 60 bucks with shipping (Next day which is nice) gonna get it for my girl now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Bought one of these the other day for my dog (in a smaller size). Free delivery with Amazon, had it three days later and very pleased. They have one size up fro this too. Works out a little cheaper than jsebb

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Pet-Fold-Carrier-Large/dp/B0039234PY/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1323294297&sr=1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Got one in petmania for €60 in Oct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Got the x-large one myself for my Siberian husky off done deal. Paid 50 quid for it. 4x3x2.5 feet approx. Absolute bargain!

Best decision I ever made. He treats it as his bedroom, never has an accident in there and is quiet as a mouse from 11pm till I take him out for a walk after 7am.

Speaking of which, tis time to get him in from the yard.

Best of luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nix08

Hi - you wouldnt happen to still have your crate? :)

sorry dude - it's gone to a new home ....

Advertisement