Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Postman…going postal?.

• 07-12-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Had a chat with the postman on the way to work. He was’nt happy..”all these extra parcels/packages” ,nearly 70+ packages on top of his normal. In fairness to him , his bike was weighed down with 4 massive bags of post, and he was struggling to push it along. It looked like it weighed a ton . I would find it tough pushing it down my road, never mind around the area.
    So I though I would cheer him up and congratulated him on his new helper.
    “What new helper?”
    Well I said ..........on a couple of occasions over the past few months ,a guy in a ford fiesta has been delivering some of our post ,mainly packages, DVD’s ,books etc.
    This did not make our postman happy, as I thought it would. In fact it made him quite angry , he went off muttering that he would be reporting it. Although his bike seemed a lot lighter, as he sped into the distance(poetic licence).

Anger sets you free!.:D

Given his mood, I will be keeping a low profile and avoid walking near bell towers and tall buildings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Riiiiigghhtttttt.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Wonderful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Same in my area, the postwoman has to do 2 runs on the bike, one in the morning, delivering letters, and one in the afternoon delivering the bigger packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

then who was van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Is there a point to this mumbo jumbo?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

FatherLen wrote: »
    then who was van?

The OP's ex-college roommate, who we all thought died at the start of the story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Is there a point to this mumbo jumbo?:confused:

AH is the mumbo jumbo forum...did'nt you know that?.

Advertisement