Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swtor healers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

nesf wrote: »
    They've promised UI customisation. How much or how little this might be is not yet clear. I just want a decent macro system (addons would be nice but I could get over not getting major game changing ones since I think Bioware will, like Blizzard, scale content according to the UI as much as anything else). I hate having to retarget to heal my companion in solo play and similar.
    Indeed. I'd be perfectly fine if they didn't allow things like DBM, dps meters etc. The main stuff that I'd want is actual UI customisation and 'quality of life' mods like improving the GTN etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Blowfish wrote: »
    Indeed. I'd be perfectly fine if they didn't allow things like DBM, dps meters etc. The main stuff that I'd want is actual UI customisation and 'quality of life' mods like improving the GTN etc.

DPS meters are useful enough for organised raiding. Problematic in some ways sure but still useful. DBM just encourages more complex boss behaviour anyway so I think if it doesn't exist we'll see less complex mechanics overall.

But yeah, fully agreed on quality of life mods, I really miss WoW Instant Messenger and similar especially.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Back to healers, im levelling a bounty hunter [28] inquisitor [22] and imperial agent [12] all heal spec and torn between the 3 as to which i prefer as healer.
    Im finding the inquisitor sorcerer to be on the dull side compared to the BH ,im not leveled enough on the IA to comment ,when i get a few more skills ill be in a better position but i do like the idea of healing drones etc.
    It does seem to be more interesting than the sorcerer for sure.

Dcully wrote: »
    Back to healers, im levelling a bounty hunter [28] inquisitor [22] and imperial agent [12] all heal spec and torn between the 3 as to which i prefer as healer.
    Im finding the inquisitor sorcerer to be on the dull side compared to the BH ,im not leveled enough on the IA to comment ,when i get a few more skills ill be in a better position but i do like the idea of healing drones etc.
    It does seem to be more interesting than the sorcerer for sure.

Have a Consular Sage and an Operative myself. The Operative is a very proc based reactive playstyle with extremely tight energy management needed (though nothing actually complicated really for the basics). Definitely interesting, reminds me a bit of playing a druid. From a look through the talents it looks really like a raid healing class to me. The Sage is very much your straight up tank healer, nothing fancy here just very focused and with plenty of tools for the job. BH looks extremely mobile, so superb PvP healer most likely in many scenarios, I haven't studied them so I don't know their strengths in PvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

nesf wrote: »
    Have a Consular Sage and an Operative myself. The Operative is a very proc based reactive playstyle with extremely tight energy management needed (though nothing actually complicated really for the basics). Definitely interesting, reminds me a bit of playing a druid. From a look through the talents it looks really like a raid healing class to me. The Sage is very much your straight up tank healer, nothing fancy here just very focused and with plenty of tools for the job. BH looks extremely mobile, so superb PvP healer most likely in many scenarios, I haven't studied them so I don't know their strengths in PvE.

Healing wise so far i have a level 37 Combat medic healer hard at first but once you get into it pretty solid healer not very mobile your two main heals are cast times but you have the green beam :D and koltor bomb which is AOE you also build charges which works great as once you hit 30 use it and you get bonuses to each heal , you need to watch you ammo though but i have yet to have any issues with that while healing .

But so far loving the class for healing really enjoying grouping as this type of heal that and heavy armor and being able to take a load of damage helps too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

jeawan wrote: »
    Healing wise so far i have a level 37 Combat medic healer hard at first but once you get into it pretty solid healer not very mobile your two main heals are cast times but you have the green beam :D and koltor bomb which is AOE you also build charges which works great as once you hit 30 use it and you get bonuses to each heal , you need to watch you ammo though but i have yet to have any issues with that while healing .

But so far loving the class for healing really enjoying grouping as this type of heal that and heavy armor and being able to take a load of damage helps too

Im playing the mirror of this with the bounty hunter mercenary bodyguard spec.
    Exact same mechanic and skills just with different names, im also playing an imperial agent and sorcerer healer but ive put them on ice for now.
    I think ill be levelling the BH healer first, so much fun.
    But ill definitely lvl the imperial agent healer too, its a close second for me in the fun factor,great mechanic also.
    I found the sorcerer healer to be boring by comparison and just your traditional healer, nothing special mechanic wise either.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im playing the mirror of this with the bounty hunter mercenary bodyguard spec.
    Exact same mechanic and skills just with different names, im also playing an imperial agent and sorcerer healer but ive put them on ice for now.
    I think ill be levelling the BH healer first, so much fun.
    But ill definitely lvl the imperial agent healer too, its a close second for me in the fun factor,great mechanic also.
    I found the sorcerer healer to be boring by comparison and just your traditional healer, nothing special mechanic wise either.

I'm finding the sorcerer/sage quite interesting PvP with the knockback and plenty of CC. Though yes, very much a straight up standard healer in PvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

That pull a friendly player to you is hilarious in huttball (lvl 42). Cant think of many cool uses for it elsewhere though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Drakar wrote: »
    That pull a friendly player to you is hilarious in huttball (lvl 42). Cant think of many cool uses for it elsewhere though...
    It can be used to pull someone out of melee range if they are being focussed.

If you time it right, it can be used to grief your party mates. Start experimenting with it near elevators/ledges/mid air etc. and you'll soon work it out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Blowfish wrote: »
    It can be used to pull someone out of melee range if they are being focussed.

If you time it right, it can be used to grief your party mates. Start experimenting with it near elevators/ledges/mid air etc. and you'll soon work it out ;)

hahaha rubber banding effect :P. Combat Medic is a very solid Single target healer , AOE we are kinda **** . really enjoying the class tbh i am tempted to try a Consular Sage to see the difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement