Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with IBB in Kerry - Mish Mast

• 07-12-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Is any else having problems here? I have been with IBB for about 5 years (Breeze 4Mb) and no problems until the last few months. Last Wednesday evening it went down (after lightning) but although it was fixed my speeds are about 20% of what they normally are. I contacted technical support and was told that customers in particular areas are still having problems due to interference which they are trying to track but they cannot tell me how long this will take. I'm outside Milltown.
    I'm seriously considering going back to Permanet. Anyone here have problems with Permanet. I've opted for them because I need decent upload speeds for photos.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

fireblader wrote: »
    Is any else having problems here? I have been with IBB for about 5 years (Breeze 4Mb) and no problems until the last few months. Last Wednesday evening it went down (after lightning) but although it was fixed my speeds are about 20% of what they normally are. I contacted technical support and was told that customers in particular areas are still having problems due to interference which they are trying to track but they cannot tell me how long this will take. I'm outside Milltown.
    I'm seriously considering going back to Permanet. Anyone here have problems with Permanet. I've opted for them because I need decent upload speeds for photos.

Have a look at Kerry Broadband. They offer 1mb upload and 3Mb download

http://www.kerrybroadband.ie/packages.php

Cheaper than permanet also with a huge allowance 70Gb compared to Permanet 10Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fireblader

Thanks ptdireland I'll think about kerrybroadband. €100 connection charge is a bit much though, especially if I go with their €49 per month package.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TheMadMan697

I’m living just outside Milltown too :) I wasn’t aware that you could get IBB Breeze around here. I am with permaNET on 6 MB package. I’ve had permaNET about 3 years now and overall permaNET are good but the last month as been a giant pain in the ass with them and I’m starting to get sick of it.

First it was down for a week, then i had problems with speeds being crap. Shortly after all that got fixed i started getting packet loss. Packet loss has only been happening over the last week and only in evenings or certain times. I still haven’t got an answer from support about what is going on but I’m sure the problem is not my equipment.

You said something about interference? I think there was problem with that here too because my dish had to be replaced with a stronger directional antenna about a month or 2 ago because my signal had gotten weaker and the internet kept cutting out, they mentioned something about interference in the area too perhaps this is still going on.

I wouldnt put off getting permaNET because of what i said above. I'm sure the problem will be fixed again soon and overall they have decent speeds and ping times are good too so if your gaming it will be great.

Advertisement