Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for 3/4 acre site?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am interested in buying a site but was wondering how much to offer?
    The seller was looking for 80k over a year ago...which was the market value but im would like to know what people think would be a GOOD offer today...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TheFarneyman

collymc23 wrote: »
    I am interested in buying a site but was wondering how much to offer?
    The seller was looking for 80k over a year ago...which was the market value but im would like to know what people think would be a GOOD offer today...

Hard to know but id give a go at 30,000 and have a cut off at 40,000, Your probably the only person interested and all he can say is no, id leave it with them for a week or two before goin back with a revised offer as xmas new year def time when people feel the pinch a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 11 collymc23

Hard to know but id give a go at 30,000 and have a cut off at 40,000, Your probably the only person interested and all he can say is no, id leave it with them for a week or two before goin back with a revised offer as xmas new year def time when people feel the pinch a bit more

sounds good i phoned him today and he is willing to meet me at it and is already talking about looking for around 50k to 60k..might meet and then leave it a few weeks like you said..2 other sites also nearby prices are 90k and 70k open to offers..might mention these to let him know i have other options..cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where? :)

Sites are near worthless other (than their agricultural value) as the cost of construction is near to the retail price of a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 collymc23

Near Athlone..i am looking to buy or build in a 5 mile radius of where my kids go to school..have been looking the last 3 years for the right house but no house anywhere near 150k and anyway decent has come on the market...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TheFarneyman

sounds good i phoned him today and he is willing to meet me at it and is already talking about looking for around 50k to 60k..might meet and then leave it a few weeks like you said..2 other sites also nearby prices are 90k and 70k open to offers..might mention these to let him know i have other options..cheers

best of luck, remember your in the drivin seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Near Athlone..i am looking to buy or build in a 5 mile radius of where my kids go to school..have been looking the last 3 years for the right house but no house anywhere near 150k and anyway decent has come on the market...

Don't want to come across as overly negative and don't know what size and specification of house you wish to build but do you really reckon you could complete a build for circa €110k? (assuming you did buy site for €40k and taking stock of the above figure you mention). On the face of it, it would seem optimistic to me. You will need to set aside a considerable sum for architects fees, legal fees, percolation tests, esb connection etc etc before you break any ground. For what I know you might be a builder yourself or a family member, so I may be missing some point entirely.

As a potential buyer in the near future I am in a position where I could acquire a site for a nominal amount or in reality for nothing and even at that I would much sooner buy as build

Advertisement