Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone good a good chicken and chorizo stew recipe?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since Nude in Dublin went out of business last year, I've been jonesing for a decent stew but nothing I've tried has come close to theirs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Here's something similar from the Cooking Club: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055822034 which looks nice.

I usually fry the chorizo over a low heat until it liberates its juices.
    Then take the chorizo out, and put the chicken in and seal it in the chorizo oil.
    Then pop it all back in together and add chopped onion, garlic and peppers.
    When the veg has gone soft add in tin tomatoes (as many as you need) tomato puree, smoked paprika and a wee bit of sugar.
    Let it bubble away – the longer the better!

About 10 mins away from serving I tip in a can of drained chick peas or butter beans. I serve it with roasted salt & rosemary baby potatoes, garlic yoghurty sauce (grated garlic yoghurt & mayo), rocket salad and crusty bread.

Advertisement