Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lirchild changing robe.

Options
  • 07-12-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about these.
    Ive been looking around and am wondering if they are any good.

I know there are several types. Robie among others but which is the best within reason and price of course.

I seem to be leaning towards the Lirchild.

Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i have one a robie or however it's spelt.

as a changing robe: useless. the idea is to try and get changed underneath hence sheltering oneself from the elements to some degree. there's not enough room to move about under it and the one i have is the right size for me. you'd lose less heat just getting on with it without using it. maybe it's good for preserving a little modesty for the ladies not sure about that.

what i found it handy for and what i use it for now is for driving with my wetsuit on. after a cold winter session, put board on roof, put on robie and a towel on my seat and off i drive the short spin home, hop straight into shower with wetsuit on and get changed under the shower head, so nice....

unless you're using it for what i mentioned above, these are a gimmick to cash in on surfers. if you genuinely get cold and if you want to spend money get a nice pair of split toe winter booties or nice gloves

maybes there's other uses for them (ie towel stand in when you forget it...) i don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

They only work if you're a girl.... or a shortboarder!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got a robie as a gift and I use it all the time. I don't find it hard to change in them and its way easier than trying to keep a towel around my waste when taking off the suit. I reckon if you want one you should just buy the cheapest one you can find OP, a towel is a towel so there's no need to go spending a bomb. Also a lad I know stitched 2 old bath towels together and that works just fine too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Cecil Mor wrote: »
    They only work if you're a girl.... or a shortboarder!!

Mickeroo is there something you want to tell us:eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rodento wrote: »
    Mickeroo is there something you want to tell us:eek:

Alas, it's true I am actually a female shortboarder :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Alas, it's true I am actually a female shortboarder :pac:

how you doin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Ive two robies. Got them as gifts. Love mine. They come in different sizes but if you buy online you dont get an option. If you buy local you do. Im 6ft & my XL robie goes to my ankles.

Edit: Had a feel of the lirchild ones in the green room shop in Lahinch & the quality doesnt seem great compared with the robies but they are a bit cheaper I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Ok. Thanks for the input everyone.

Advertisement