Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Kinect Question

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty suire my GF is getting me a kinect for christmas (I said get me a kinect for christmas) just a quick question for anyone that has it though.

if i want to play a racing game or a golf game can i use say the wii steering wheel for driving and a stick or somthing to help for swinging in the golf game?

after playing mario kart and tiger woods on wii i know how awkward it can be without something that feels natural.

Is the kinect able to tell whats me and whats an object?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

The kinect can see small objects and you at the same time. Playing forza 4 is a little strange and painful with kinect (holding hands straight out as if your controlling an invisible wheel) That's a good idea - I wouldn't think there would be anything preventing from using the wii steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

danniemcq wrote: »
    I'm pretty suire my GF is getting me a kinect for christmas (I said get me a kinect for christmas) just a quick question for anyone that has it though.

if i want to play a racing game or a golf game can i use say the wii steering wheel for driving and a stick or somthing to help for swinging in the golf game?

after playing mario kart and tiger woods on wii i know how awkward it can be without something that feels natural.

Is the kinect able to tell whats me and whats an object?

Yeah you can... but it kinda defeats the purpose! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i can imagine it being a bit odd playing some games and tiring!
    Skinfull wrote: »
    Yeah you can... but it kinda defeats the purpose! :)

yeah i know what you mean but i feel a controller free enviorment does need something for some games, to help you control yourself not the controller for the game

(does that make sense?

Advertisement