Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

29 jobs to go at Honeywell

• 07-12-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

does a week go past without the city losing jobs. We desperately need more than that 'action plan'.

RTE
    A manufacturing company in Waterford is to cut 29 jobs.
    Honeywell Turbo Technologies said it is beginning talks on a voluntary redundancy programme because of forecasted reductions in demand.
    It blamed an increasingly competitive global automotive industry for the demand in reduction.
    Honeywell manufactures engine boosting systems for passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
    The Waterford facility at the Industrial Estate on the Cork Road produces turbine, compressor and SST wheels for turbochargers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Sad to hear another blow to the city :( I worked there many moons ago in that particular factory in the turbine end.. No doubt i know a few affected :(

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jaysus! Where i'm working now makes a lot of parts for them. Hope it doesn't affect us. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

RTE really have their finger on the pulse concerning events outside Dublin.
    Those redundancies were announced last Friday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

longshanks wrote: »
    RTE really have their finger on the pulse concerning events outside Dublin.
    Those redundancies were announced last Friday.

Perhaps employee's didn't actually tell the media at the time?.

One of the reasons why TalkTalk was in the news so much and had such things as a recording of the announcement was because employee's actively made sure stuff was told to the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Jaysus! Where i'm working now makes a lot of parts for them. Hope it doesn't affect us. :(

It has to!

• Advertisement
Advertisement