Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a loan with AIB

• 07-12-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but i'll ask anyway.

Can i get a loan against my inheritance?

I have a lump sum of cash that is sitting in an AIB account as well as a house that i am due to receive February 2014, Can i take out a loan from AIB against that inheritance?

Thank you in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Can't really answer without some more details...

How much are you looking to borrow? Purpose of loan? How much is sitting in AIB a/c? Has the person you are inheriting from died yet & if so why 2014 before house is due to be transferred to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Snow joke

killers1 wrote: »
    Can't really answer without some more details...

How much are you looking to borrow? Purpose of loan? How much is sitting in AIB a/c? Has the person you are inheriting from died yet & if so why 2014 before house is due to be transferred to you?

Looking to borrow 25k, 37k sitting in the account, the person has died, the will stated that i had to be of a certain age to inherit the estate.

EDIT: Purpose of the loan is for college and accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

The bank should have no issue lending you €25k with a lien on the funds on deposit as there is no risk to the loan and it is fully secured by money already on deposit with them. It would be cheaper (i.e. no interest) for you to use €25k of the €37k if you can access that money now..

Advertisement