Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost cat - Church Lane area...

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks - one of our cats, Rosie, has disappeared, haven't seen her since Monday.

We're in Oaklands, off Church Lane so if any of you live in the area, or on Rathdown Rd (which we back onto) or the houses between the top of Church Lane and Blacklion, or even Applewood, could you please check your sheds and outhouses to see if she might have got locked in somewhere.

Pic attached:

184209.jpg184221.jpg

thanks,
    L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

We're right beside you in Blacklion, backing onto Oaklands, and numerous cats regularly pass the patio doors in the evening. I can't miss them lcause the dog goes nuts. I'll keep a close eye out for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

She is stunning. I'm in charlesland so I imagine too far for her to stray but I'll keep an eye out. I'm a crazy cat lady so always looking out for cats. I have 3 myself. One looks like rosie minus a tail!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

She's still AWOL unfortunately. I'm not that optimistic we'll see her again now, but bumping the thread just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

loyatemu wrote: »
    She's still AWOL unfortunately. I'm not that optimistic we'll see her again now, but bumping the thread just in case.

Ah crap.. sorry to hear that.
    Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Don't lose hope just yet. My mums cat went missing for a solid 2 weeks before, then just turned up out of the blue looking none the worse for wear (if a bit hungry).

We think it got stuck in a neighbours house when they went on holidays and only got out again when they came back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Job12345

Haven't seen her and we are on Church lane. Our cat Cody also missing since beginning of December. White and ginger long haired male. Microchipped. Hopefully they will make their way home for Christmas. So upsetting when they wander.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Job12345 wrote: »
    Haven't seen her and we are on Church lane. Our cat Cody also missing since beginning of December. White and ginger long haired male. Microchipped. Hopefully they will make their way home for Christmas. So upsetting when they wander.

I saw your cat about a week ago. He was on the path just up the road from Centra, before the church. Was going to stop but there were lots of cars & I was afraid he'd run into the road. Will definately stop if I see him again, I always have a carrier in the back of my car.

Thank you for posting that. We do have a second cat quite similar in colour but he never goes down towards centra. There is a White and ginger cat lives down there too so it might have been her. If Cody was near Centra he would know his way home as that was his usual haunt. Fingers crossed, I'll keep an eye down there. Trying to work out how to post a photo of him as I'm new to Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd say post up a picture of the cat in shops near their haunts, in case they adopted a family (I've seen cats adopt people who didn't want to be adopted:D )...

Job12345 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting that. We do have a second cat quite similar in colour but he never goes down towards centra. There is a White and ginger cat lives down there too so it might have been her. If Cody was near Centra he would know his way home as that was his usual haunt. Fingers crossed, I'll keep an eye down there. Trying to work out how to post a photo of him as I'm new to Boards.

I'd definately recognise the cat I saw from a photo. Stunning long haired white & ginger guy. 9 cats of my own here plus rescues, am a cat person! If you've problems loading photo here, send it to me tracey@petography.ie and I'll put it up.

• Advertisement

Thank you. Have sent on 2 photos to your mail address. Appreciate your help on this.

Just thought it was worth mentioning again that we have 2 similar White and ginger long haired cats. The one who doesn't stray beyond St Patricks Church on Church Lane is enormous and quite nervous around people. Cody is slighter and at this stage could be quite thin. He is very friendly and laid back. An adorable nature. Thank you all for your help on this.

Cody.

dn.jpg

cody.jpg

Thank you so much for helping me on this. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi folks - one of our cats, Rosie, has disappeared, haven't seen her since Monday.

We're in Oaklands, off Church Lane so if any of you live in the area, or on Rathdown Rd (which we back onto) or the houses between the top of Church Lane and Blacklion, or even Applewood, could you please check your sheds and outhouses to see if she might have got locked in somewhere.

Pic attached:

184209.jpg184221.jpg

thanks,
    L.

Did you find your cat? A lost tabby turned up in Enniskerry and is in Bray Vets.

Rasmus wrote: »
    Did you find your cat? A lost tabby turned up in Enniskerry and is in Bray Vets.

Not the same cat, I checked photos as soon as I saw him!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sadly no, we had a couple of reports of a dead cat matching her description on Rathdown Rd around the same time she disappeared (though it had been cleared away by the time I got around to looking) - it was probably her.

sadly no, we had a couple of reports of a dead cat matching her description on Rathdown Rd around the same time she disappeared (though it had been cleared away by the time I got around to looking) - it was probably her.

Thats such a pity. There seems to be alot of missing cats in the area. No sign of Cody either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Sorry to hear that.

Advertisement