If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote: Gaming TV

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

i wonder if you could help me out, i am looking for a quote for a decent gaming TV that will be used in my "man cave". I curently have an old BEKO 38" with 1080i (no longer works) and i want to get the best from my xbox and ps3 so looking for 1080p.

I will also like to watch films on it and will probably get surround sound at one point.

Could you quote me something and how much would it be to deliver to kildare.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Calhoun,

OK for a decent gaming TV at a very decent price I reckon this years Philips 4000 series are the bees knees. You can check out all the specs here.

37PFL4606H - This is a brilliant budget TV for gaming!

This retails for €569.99 instore at the moment. We also do this in a 42" - The 42PFL4606H and this is available for €649.99.

32PFL4606.jpg

And it comes with a ton of features for a budget screen:

This is a 400Hz PMR Screen - 400 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant images in fast action movies. The new Philips PMR standard shows the combined visible effect of the fastest panel refresh rate, HD Natural Motion and a unique processing formula, for unprecedented motion sharpness which you can plainly see with the naked eye. Great for gaming and sports or simply to enhance the picture quality and smoothness on any picture. - This is perfect for gaming as it can handle the high speeds that alot of the XBOX and PS3 games move at.

This screen also boasts Full HD TV with Pixel Plus HD for better details and clarity. Pixel Plus HD offers the unique combination of ultimate sharpness, natural detail, vivid colours and smooth natural motion on all qualities of HD, standard TV signals and multimedia content, for high definition displays. Artifacts and noise in all sources from multimedia to standard definition TV and also in highly compressed HD are detected and reduced, ensuring that the picture is clear and razor sharp.

You also have 3 HDMI inputs on this TV, all with easylink. Enjoy your Photos, Music or Movies through USB playback. This TV will handle a 1Tb drive no bother and will playback most AVI and DivX formats. (I've tried out lots and lots of these and never had a bother but sometimes you may gett a codec that does not work with the TV)

And last but not least this TV has 20W of sound!

We are holding a gaming demo in the store next friday night to showcase the new Philips Gaming TV's and if you like I can hook up a PS3 or XBOX to a 4000 series to let you have a look.

Hmmm is my living room still a "man cave" if all the consoles and tv's are mine and not my husbands??? :rolleyes:

Lemme know if you need any more info or if you'd like to place an order.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

thanks Nicola :), two really good options i will have to look into.

Is it friday the 16th the day you are showcasing these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Calhoun,

We will indeed be running the gaming on Friday 16th. And if you have you're own fave game you want to test out feel free to bring it in. :D:D:D

Thanks a mil,

Nicola.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.