Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average salaries

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Just wondering what you consider to be average salaries for .Net developers at junior and intermediate level (not senior or PM's)? Is 30k considered reasonable? How would it compare between Dublin and West of Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

There was a thread about this a while ago, maybe try and find it. I think around 30k was the average or towards the higher end for graduates/junior devs.

It seems like you get a bit more in Dublin, which sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭yenoah

Many thanks, I have had a look at a few threads alright.

Let me ask this then....what would people say is the East Coast factor?
    Take a .Net developer.
    1:1 L8 Degree
    Masters in progress
    2 years .Net experience

How much extra would they expect to earn in Dublin over say Galway or Sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

yenoah wrote: »
    Many thanks, I have had a look at a few threads alright.

Let me ask this then....what would people say is the East Coast factor?
    Take a .Net developer.
    1:1 L8 Degree
    Masters in progress
    2 years .Net experience

How much extra would they expect to earn in Dublin over say Galway or Sligo?

36-38K in Dublin, 32-34K in Galway or Sligo, I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnfar_ie

I'm a software development manager and if those two years experience are from working in industry, the 36-38k sounds about right, if they're from studying in university and there is no industry experience, I would say closer to 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Quick question while we are on the topic. Would 36-38K for a C++ developer for 2 years industry experience be reasonable in Dublin City?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

It would be okay enough, I've seen some places pay a bit higher. It really depends on what sort of C++ experience.

For C++, I find it's the more specialty stuff that pays the highest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It would be okay enough, I've seen some places pay a bit higher. It really depends on what sort of C++ experience.

For C++, I find it's the more specialty stuff that pays the highest.
    Interesting. It's fairly serious C++ (building compilers/debuggers industry) here and a lot of responsibility (which is great). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Our company used use this: http://www.brightwater.ie/salary-survey.aspx to benchmark salaries.

Advertisement