Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URL and IMG tags in Chrome

Options
  • 07-12-2011 4:05pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

For the past couple of weeks these to options have been intermittently on the blink.

If I click to add either an image or a URL, paste the link into the popup, and click okay - sometimes the correct link/image will appear in the textarea, but most of the time nothing appears at all.

As I am capable of typing [blah][/blah] it ain't a bit deal - just thought I'd reference it!

G'luck :)

(Chrome version 16.0.912.59)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Thanks for the bug report. I'm not seeing any issue myself. Can you let me know which editor you're using (i.e. standard or enhanced) and what OS you're on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks for the bug report. I'm not seeing any issue myself. Can you let me know which editor you're using (i.e. standard or enhanced) and what OS you're on.
    Um, just using the editor that comes up on "Post Reply" - probably enhanced? (Not Quick Reply anyway...)

Using the Beta skin - though it was never an issue before.

Am on stupid XP in work. Can check on Win7 at home later. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

OK Cool, If you got to your UserCP, then edit options in the left hand menu, down near the bottom there's a drop down list for selecting your editor type, either Standard or Advanced.

If you could let me know what it's currently set to that would be great.

Also, if you want to change it to another setting and see if that resolves the problem that would also be helpful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just seeing this second reply now!

Using the Standard Editor.

Also, now I can't even replicate the problem. In fact I noticed it was working fine all this morning so came here to find my thread. :)

Ah, computers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Marking as resolved, but leaving the thread open for if you need to post here about this bug again :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement