Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent supplement question....

• 07-12-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was getting JBA and rent supplement up until early November. I got a months part-time work and was very glad of it so I went on casual JBA. However, my rent supplement has obviously been cut off as they can see my JBA as "suspended". Do I have to go through all the forms and queueing etc again or do they turn it back on once my JBA has been sorted?

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    in my experience you have to reapply for your rent supplement, forms and all.

The only time my cwo let me off was when the job was for 2 weeks. (That time he just wanted a copy of my P45).

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

I think I knew that would be the case. Typical really. I could have not taken the job and sat on my arse. But you get punished for taking work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

I know the feeling, but at least on your cv it shows willing.

Also cwo can see you are trying. Never any harm to have some goodwill stored up with them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

nope u just get 1 form from your CWO and have your employer fill in some details and give it to your CWO. They will send it to CRU or you can do it yourself. I did it 3 months ago and my RA was resumed straightway. I get it monthly and I had it all sorted first week in job so there was no delay with payment. I think it was a simple statement of earnings form your employer need to fill and stamp.

If I recall they had to put down how much I was on, gross yearly wage I would be getting and if it would be long term. I was like you and jumping at the chance of even part time work.

Yawns wrote: »
    nope u just get 1 form from your CWO and have your employer fill in some details and give it to your CWO. They will send it to CRU or you can do it yourself. I did it 3 months ago and my RA was resumed straightway. I get it monthly and I had it all sorted first week in job so there was no delay with payment. I think it was a simple statement of earnings form your employer need to fill and stamp.

If I recall they had to put down how much I was on, gross yearly wage I would be getting and if it would be long term. I was like you and jumping at the chance of even part time work.

That's fair enough but they don't pick up the phone and I didn't get any letter or anything. They just see my JBA as suspended and cut me off. What's even more ridiculous is that I already gave in forms that my employer filled out to social welfare. But of course, the public departments don't communicate with each other so I would have to hand in the exact same things again. If they had a fecking database and a GUI that they all shared they could see what everyone's situation was by logging in with their pps number. Simple solution, but they like being complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I wasn't informed either at the time. I only found out because I went into the local welfare office to tell them I found a part time job. When she was finished telling all about what I needed etc I had to ask her about the Rent Allowance. "Oh yeah that will be stopped, you'll have to ring CRU or go see CWO".

It's annoying all right but there ya go. To be fair to the CRU tho they always answered everytime I rang unlike any social welfare office I ever had to ring. It's a different form needed for continuation of RA but it is along the same lines of info the local office already requests. It's a certificate of earnings, 1 page and to be filled by your employer with just 1 or 2 details from yourself as they have most of the info about you already on system. Their number is 1800 303 413

They only deal with certain areas atm tho. Most of the country still deal with the local CWO.

Yawns wrote: »
    I wasn't informed either at the time. I only found out because I went into the local welfare office to tell them I found a part time job. When she was finished telling all about what I needed etc I had to ask her about the Rent Allowance. "Oh yeah that will be stopped, you'll have to ring CRU or go see CWO".

It's annoying all right but there ya go. To be fair to the CRU tho they always answered everytime I rang unlike any social welfare office I ever had to ring. It's a different form needed for continuation of RA but it is along the same lines of info the local office already requests. It's a certificate of earnings, 1 page and to be filled by your employer with just 1 or 2 details from yourself as they have most of the info about you already on system. Their number is 1800 303 413

They only deal with certain areas atm tho. Most of the country still deal with the local CWO.

Thanks for the info.

Advertisement