Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money Owed to me but cant get it??

• 07-12-2011 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Its only a small amount of money relatively(€200) but i cant get it off the person who owes it to me.

Heres the detail.

Sold parts off my car to a guy,Have his name,number,email and work address.
    I posted the parts to him but was waiting on him to pay till i sent them.
    Was at the depot and called him and he said he had gone to the bank so i sent the parts.
    A couple of weeks later I noticed I had no money received from him.
    Called him up and he said he had done an electronic bank transfer on online banking,sent me a screenshot which said it was completed and had all the correct details but there wasnt much info in the screenshot to be honest.
    I sent him my statement from the 3 month period either side of the transaction date to show no money had come in.
    He said he went to his bank and that they hadnt been helpful.
    I rang his bank and they clarified it was a simple matter of tracking the transaction to account for where the money had been placed,as he says the money has left his account but not entered mine.

I cannot get a hold of him now on the phone and he has not returned any of my messages or calls. Is there anything i can do?I have the delivery reciept for the courier who delivered it with his address on it and details in my notebook of what went out.
    I'm leaving for australia at the start of January so could do with €200,as it would be handy,but mainly its the principle.It seems as though he's just fobbing me off and is keeping the parts and cash.

Any info much appreciated.Small claims court?Solicitor(is it worth it for €200)?

Thanks in advance:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

In this case, I recommend contacting:

Viper Debt Recovery & Repossession Services Ltd,

114, Cashel Avenue,
    Kimmage,
    Dublin 12.

Tel. 086-050-0170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

114, Cashel Avenue,
    Kimmage,
    Dublin 12.

Tel. 086-050-0170

LOL - Brilliant! :D

Or if you can find them and if you can afford them you may just be able to hire the A Team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Shane_OK

Funny but useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Call with a couple of your friends and get the parts back. Or if you think there's little chance of you getting money, send a request for the money on a postcard. If that dose'nt work send another postcard to his work address. That way the 5 parishes should know he's not paying for stuff:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Go to the address that you posted the parts to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

114, Cashel Avenue,
    Kimmage,
    Dublin 12.

Tel. 086-050-0170

One thing that worries me about that.... I have seen no-one recommend Mr Viper and his henchmen lol on boards.ie.
    HAs anyone used the vipemeister and lived to tell the tale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Call to him in person. Maybe you might find it difficult but it's your best option now I think.

Advertisement