Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found - large sum of money

Options
  • 07-12-2011 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi if anyone hears or knows of anyone who lost a penny's shopping bag in Drumcondra today please get in touch as I know the person who found it, there is over 1000 in cash in an envelope so I am sure someone will be looking for it. The person who found it has a good heart and wants to return it to the owner.

Please note there are items that will need to be told that are in the bag before it is returned so please don't start replying saying it is yours if it is not! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭No.125

fair play. hope you find the rightfull owner. that money is bound to be very important at this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

well done for being honest OP, maybe get them to drop it into the guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

yeah bud it's mine. there was a balaclava and and screwdriver in there too. Where can I find ye?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its mine actually..was on my way to Pennys to buy 1000 quids worth of socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Nice one OP. Plenty of people out there who would've taken it for themselves.
    Hope the person gets in touch with you. You'll have made their Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

The police have been told and contact details been given. Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

OP give your contact details to the guards..im not sure about dropping a grand in cash into them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Degsy wrote: »
    Its mine actually..was on my way to Pennys to buy 1000 quids worth of socks.
    So you were bringing a pennys bag "to " pennys?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Your friend and yourself are a credit, honesty like this i would imagine is a rarity, good things will come your way. Hope you find the owner, good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

It's good to hear in these times of scurrilous behaviour and double standards by some of our so-called "leaders" and "betters" that decent honest people are still to be found doing decent honest things. Well done OP and pal, your post and this thread gave the aul' heart a lift.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

fair play OP, maybe if you have the time, do up a few posters and put them up down around where it was found.

Could of been somebodies yearly savings for the xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

dont hand the money into the police,they will use it for buying coffee and stuff if it isnt claimed after a certain number of time

they have your details which is good enough,u hold onto the money and if it is not claimed after 90 days or some amount of time then it is legally yours and you should go spend it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So you were bringing a pennys bag "to " pennys?

reduce, reuse, recycle ;)
    CyberJuice wrote: »
    they have your details which is good enough,u hold onto the money and if it is not claimed after 90 days or some amount of time then it is legally yours and you should go spend it

year and a day isn't it?

year and a day isn't it?

Could be mate,i was just plucking a random number out of the sky..
    ive never been in such a prediciment myself but if i ever did find a large sum of money it would be spent after a day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fair play to you and your friend OP. Although a penneys with a grand in cash in it sounds a bit dodgy.

baraca wrote: »
    Fair play to you and your friend OP. Although a penneys with a grand in cash in it sounds a bit dodgy.

Was it punts in the bag?

coulda belonged to this fella

szbknb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Fair play to you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Brown envelope
    Drumcondra
    Who could it be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Brown envelope
    Drumcondra
    Who could it be ?

I wish I could thank this twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Fairplay to you guys for trying to find the owner. But who leaves a grand in a pennys bag?! Gotta keep that sorta cash close to the body. Anyway hopefully you find the owner if not enjoy the spending spree.

Advertisement