Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is that money laundering?

• 07-12-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I love internet banking, but here is something very weird..last week i saw on my bank account unexpected amount of sum, wasnt big amount, lets say it was € 40. I could not find where from that came from, but sometimes description shows up later. Few days later had bill payment by dd, as I had that amount on my account I didnt worry, thought it was mine, that some kind of refund from bank of something, however I ordered a bank statement as well. Now, this week got phone call from my branch and question was, when I can make a lodgement to my bank account? I was like, what is the problem? Bank says that this amount that I had last week on my account, that was gone by DD and actually there was no money on my account. So I owed like money to bank (just note, that I paid it back like), but still...how is it possible that you have a money in bank, you can see it, use it and later this money actually was not there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No it's not.

The €40 sounds like a lodgement maded in error. You assumed it was your and sent it on your dd. Fair enough. However the bank has noticed the error and are looking for the €40 back. It's as simple as that.

It's annoying in fairness as you thought it was yours like many people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mammu

Allright...but can you the explain how that amount is now back on my account? ok, that was not exact amount of € 40, that was some tenners with some sents, however, I made letter to bank yesterday, included print screens of weird things from my bank account, just looking for answer...today this amount is back on my bank account..how I suppose to understand that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

If you did not deposit the money, it's not yours.
    I'm sure there's be a credit and a debit cancelling each other out.... ignore them and get on with your life.

Advertisement