Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet in Roscommon , is it fast?

• 07-12-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

just wondering how fast will magnet be in ballaghaderreen in roscommon?
    I live just beside the tower so just curious about the speeds I should be expecting when joining magnet, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 matthewpov

Just called magnet, the guy told me i need to activate a phone line through eircom..
    How much will it cost me and is it a one off cost? and if i were to go with magnet 40 euro deal is there no extra charges for the line or anything? thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

matthewpov wrote: »
    just wondering how fast will magnet be in ballaghaderreen in roscommon?
    I live just beside the tower so just curious about the speeds I should be expecting when joining magnet, any thoughts?

Its just eircom bitstream so it will be exactly the same as the other bitstream providers (eircom/Vodafone/UTV etc)

bealtine wrote: »
    Its just eircom bitstream so it will be exactly the same as the other bitstream providers (eircom/Vodafone/UTV etc)
    Thanks for the reply, do you have any thoughts about my 2nd comment? thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

matthewpov wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, do you have any thoughts about my 2nd comment? thanks again!

You activate through the supplier (in this case magnet) otherwise you are in a contract with eircom and cannot use any other provider until the contract is over. I think it's still 6 months.

so the guy i spoke to over the phone is full of bull?

• Advertisement
Advertisement