Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present suggestions

• 07-12-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

I need suggestions for the following:

Male(father) aged 69
    Male(brother) aged 39
    Male(brother) aged 32
    Female(sister) aged 36
    Female(sister in law) aged early 40s
    Female(aunt) aged 70

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Could you expand a little on each of them? It's very hard to just guess anything when they may have massive likes/dislikes.
    e.g. anything sporty / car related / steretypical male stuff (apart from DIY) is useless for my dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I need suggestions for the following:

Male(father) aged 69
    Male(brother) aged 39
    Male(brother) aged 32
    Female(sister) aged 36
    Female(sister in law) aged early 40s
    Female(aunt) aged 70

Thanks.

Father likes gardening/card games(can't do gardening atm - recovering from major surgery)
    Brother(aged 39) likes golf
    Brother(aged 32) likes computer games
    Sister(aged 36) likes all sorts of stuff - photography, dancing, reading
    Sister in law is very arty(also likes horses)
    Aunt likes painting/crosswords

And I forgot my niece in my OP, who's 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mickey, what's your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Would you like us to go and get them for you and wrap them too??? :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Father likes gardening/card games(can't do gardening atm - recovering from major surgery)
    Brother(aged 39) likes golf
    Brother(aged 32) likes computer games
    Sister(aged 36) likes all sorts of stuff - photography, dancing, reading
    Sister in law is very arty(also likes horses)
    Aunt likes painting/crosswords

And I forgot my niece in my OP, who's 8.

For your father and the card games, Argos are doing good deals on poker sets like this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2701280/Trail/searchtext%3EPOKER+SET.htm
    For your brother who likes golf, a putting machine Argos again:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9270020/Trail/searchtext%3EGOLF.htm
    For your brother who likes computer games, you'll have to find out whether he likes XBox, Nintendo Wii or DS, PS3 etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RickH

In case your brother and/or your niece have an iPhone, you can get an artistic iPhone case. According to a post on an iPhone forum, such cases are nowhere to be found in Ireland. Sounds like a cool and original gift.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RickH wrote: »
    In case your brother and/or your niece have an iPhone, you can get an artistic iPhone case. According to a post on an iPhone forum, such cases are nowhere to be found in Ireland. Sounds like a cool and original gift.

Good luck!

Brother hasn't got an iPhone. Neither has my niece - she's only 8 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RickH

You'd be amazed what 8 year-olds have nowadays. :)

What about a tablet? Does your brother have one? If not, you can get one, branded or not. You can try the Kindle Fire. It's a rather new one. I wouldn't call it cheap, but it's cheaper than a lot of the other branded tablets.

If he does already have a tablet, I can recommend some cool protective sleeves for it, if you want.

Regarding your sister and sister in law, you might consider buying them a nice photo. Maybe a nature photo (goes with the horses). You can take a look here, or for something less expensive (but maybe not always having the same quality), here.

Advertisement