Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noodles

Options
  • 07-12-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

what's the story with these things?
    i have tried adding the 'straight to wok noodles' to my stirfry, but they seem to be awfull things to cook. it says to add them for the final 2 mins and stir them in. but when you open the packet they fallout in one big lump, and when you try to stir them in all the do is break into smaller lumps. i never get the long thread like noodle, i allways end up with short bits of noodle about an inch or so long.

what am i doing wrong?
    or is there better noodles than them 'straight to wok ones'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I just buy dried noodles and boil them for a few minutes when whatever I'm having them with is nearly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

sponge_bob wrote: »
    what's the story with these things?
    i have tried adding the 'straight to wok noodles' to my stirfry, but they seem to be awfull things to cook. it says to add them for the final 2 mins and stir them in. but when you open the packet they fallout in one big lump, and when you try to stir them in all the do is break into smaller lumps. i never get the long thread like noodle, i allways end up with short bits of noodle about an inch or so long.

what am i doing wrong?
    or is there better noodles than them 'straight to wok ones'?

I think they taste oily and synthetic also. I have the same problem as you. I started buying the dried noodles also. They only take a couple minutes in boiling water.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mix them gentle to separate without breaking them up.

Sometimes I steam them for a few minutes to heat and separate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I go for the dry ones too.
    I actually often buy the Koka ones, they're so cheap and taste the same when added to a stir fry or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i will try the dried noodles next time:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Definitely go for the dried ones. They only take a couple of minutes in boiling water to cook, then toss them in sesame oil for a real treat. Go to the Asian shops for a huge variety, and tiny prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

Personally I hate noodles. Look like maggots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

:confused:

Orzo noodles, yeah maybe - but not the long kind the OP is talking about. Or do you mean worms?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Trolling. Take a week off.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

I use the regular dried noodles, cooked in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then rinse with cold water to stop them cooking. Once the noodles are fully cooled by rinsing them, they can be added to your stirfry towards the end of cooking to reheat them. By not cooling them, there is a chance they will stick together in the wok as they will be very starchy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement