Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living Social Deal - The Salon

• 07-12-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My brother is thinking of getting me the current living social deal for the Salon in the IFSC.

It's 50 euro for full-body Swedish massage, two reaction treatments on one area, shellac manicure, full body tan, eye brow tint and thread and a mani-pedi.

I've read bad reviews about the hair salon but I'm not going down that route.

I don't want him to spend his money on something that's rubbish.

Any opinions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

That sounds like a decent enough deal for 50 first of all. I paid 20 for shellac there (through boards deals) and 15 for the eyebrow tint and wax. So you're really getting all the other stuff for 15 which isn't bad.

I've had shellac and an eyebrow tint/wax in the salon and some friends have had spray tans. I had the shellac applied a few times and there was one particular girl there who was really good. When I had it done by anyone else it just didn't seem to last as long. In fact a friend had hers done the same day as me (but had another girl apply it) and there was no shine on her nails, like the colour was quite matte looking and my girl had to touch them up. I'll pm you her name if you like!

I was really pleased with the brow tint and wax. I've got really fair hair and the girl applied the colour really gradually and made sure I was happy each time. Same goes for the spray tan - my friends always came out looking quite natural.

In fact, I have a friend who went to the hair salon too and was quite satisfied.

The one thing I hate about the place is that it's really hard to get through to them on the phone to make appointments. And when you arrive, there's no customer service at all. The day before my wedding they were about to turn myself and my bridesmaids away cos we were 10 mins late for the appt!! I have found the girls on reception to be particularly rude and never smile, making me feel a little uncomfortable. (Only reason I kept going back was cos I'd bought a package of 5 treatments for shellac).

All that being said, you're getting a lot there for 50 so for a once off, I'd go for it. It's mainly the receptionists that I have problems with, the girls who actually do the treatments are lovely and very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

That's great, thanks so much.

Hopefully calling in will help with getting the appointments.

Woot, I loving getting pampered. Well if the receptionists are grumpy, I'll just smile all the more!!!! And it's more important that the girls carrying out the treatments are good. If you could PM that name that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Im thinking of buying this deal off living social, seems a bit too good to be true though!:( also has anyone ever gotten a reaction treatment? its one of the things in the deal would like to hear some experiences!

Linky

I was just looking at it myself, really thinking of getting it! its this one yes?

Linky

I was just looking at it myself, really thinking of getting it! its this one yes?

Linky

That's the one!

• Advertisement

seems to good to be true! not so sure about the reaction treatments though! would love to hear from someone who has had one!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Posts merged

Hey,

Anyone actually get their voucher or hear from Living Social?

My card has been charged but havent received any mails from them. Also in the LS site it says:

'Purchase pending
    This voucher will become active on 12/10/2011. Your payment will be processed at that time. '

I assume that is an American date so its the 10th of this month.

I got my voucher already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I got my voucher already!

You might need to get on to living social about a refund.
    Walked past this place on the way into work this morning and the name sign has been taken off the building and the builders are inside with all the chairs and stuff piled in a corner.
    It could be a re-model, but the fact that they've taken the signs with the name down from above the windows make me think it's closed down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Walked past this place on the way into work this morning and the name sign has been taken off the building and the builders are inside with all the chairs and stuff piled in a corner.
    It could be a re-model, but the fact that they've taken the signs with the name down from above the windows make me think it's closed down!

Their FB page says they are renovating.

Magenta wrote: »

Hopefully they are. Cos I'd hate to have to go back to my brother and tell him to get his money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

They are closed until 9 January, obviously as the are renovating!

Could someone give me a link to their facebook page please?

Ah ok, I got the same voucher for my sister so when I saw the name taken down and the builders inside this morning I assumed the worst (I rang them and there's no message on their machine to say they're renovating).

Anyway I've sent an email to livingsocial just in case.

Ah ok, I got the same voucher for my sister so when I saw the name taken down and the builders inside this morning I assumed the worst (I rang them and there's no message on their machine to say they're renovating).

Anyway I've sent an email to livingsocial just in case.

For what? They are renovating- they will re open- I'm not sure what you want Living Social to do? It's written on the Salon's FB page that they will re open. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Salon-IFSC/118654561526861

For what? They are renovating- they will re open- I'm not sure what you want Living Social to do? It's written on the Salon's FB page that they will re open. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Salon-IFSC/118654561526861

Sorry, can't access FB in work so couldn't see their update!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nursey101

Hi Guys,
    I really need to express a strong opinion about the salon.... I have never been in a more unprofessional establishment in my life and I definately like to treat myself every so often. I also bought the living social deal for €50 thinking it was great value, and yes it would be if i were made feel like a person in the place and not just another body to get in and out. First off the girls are plain rude no people skills at all and their "uniforms" are non existent. wearing army style boots tights and shorts nothing professional. The girl at reception could do with a lesson in makeup as it was caked onto her face and melting off. I'd the shellac manicure done and it was just slapped onto my nails, I'd ran earlier in the week to make sure my toes were included to be told they were and low and behold on the day no not booked in for them asked if they could be done and was told no, end of! the therapists nails were shocking completely bit off her and no varnish to even cover it up. I was called from the top of the stairs to go up for my eye trio treatment, which was probably done the best of the lot. Now lets get started on the tan, the therapist had no interest in what she was doing like none! slapped vaseline on my palms and around my nails to prevent tan getting on them. she started the tan and it was clear she was bored senseless, all inside my left arm was missed i pointed it out at the end and she said "o i better do that again" their was also a big blob she said would be fine once i showered. one side of my face was white the other orange and as for my legs...... patch central. i had a shower late that night and i had to redo my legs again with my own tan and the big blob didnt wash off as i was told, i'd to tan over it my hands were disgusting with lines along the side from the vaseline and lovely white patches under my nails. I have the other treatments to get but i'm not going back near that place ever i'd be afraid what damage could be done to my body? I have to wait until april anyways as its booked out! I question if the girls are even trained properly in what they do because it sure didnt appear that way. The music was so loud i couldnt hear myself think in the place not somewhere you'd want to go for a lovely relaxing massage. I would honestly advise anyone to think twice about going there. paying the extra couple of quid for getting perfection and attention is worth it. This place is clearly just out there to make as much money as it can, i'd be surprised if they have many repeat customers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Your experience of the attitude of the girls working there tallies with what I've seen Nursey! It's just so hit and miss really. There's so many parttimers working there, some of whom are good at what they do and others who aren't. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to get an appointment with them at all so asking for a specific person seems futile! Also unfortunate is that the surly receptionist seems the only constant they can offer! Definitely won't be giving them business again.

Addition: I realise I said previously that the package they were offering would be worth it for the price, but I've been back since and the repeated bad attitude of the staff has put me off entirely. Sorry for bad advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolola

I feel the exact same way! Im going to send an email to livingsocial about it in fact because I feel so cheated.
    Firstly it was near impossible to get an appointment. Fair enough they are busy, but how rude the member of staff was to me when I tried was not ok. I felt like just leaving it completely but was convinced otherwise by a friend and booked.
    I just booked 3 appointments, to start, for one week (my week off work) - eye trio, shellac and medi pedi. I got a phonecall every day after with them having to change my appointments around because "they were short staffed", "somone went home sick" or "somehow the time was double booked". DONT PUT OUT OFFERS YOU CANT HANDLE.
    Then when I got to the first appointment it was so busy I was invisible to any staff for a long time. It felt like a tube station in london at the busy time.
    The girl who did my eye trio was actually good and I felt a bit relaxed finally. However, when I was leaving I was told my other 2 appointments (for other days) had been changed around again. The woman actually told me she had rang so many people to change appointments that she didnt know if she had rang me or not. Luckily they caught me then to tell me.
    She asked if I could hang around for an hour and get the nails and pedi done that night instead, which I agreed to because I felt sorry for her and I had no where important I had to be.
    So I hung around for an hour, and then another half hour or so.
    Shellacs came out nice but nothing special, as said above -just slapped on.
    Then to my medi pedi. Feet in water. Feet rubbed with cream. Feet rubbed with scrub. Feet washed. Dried. Bit more cream. Over!!!
    Im probably just naive but I thought a pedi involved at least your toe nails being touched. I was told id have to pay extra for them to be painted.
    It was the least relaxing and lovely experience of my life.
    I usually go to Heaven on grafton street where even during my hollywood wax I feel so much more relaxed and special.
    I dont think ill be cashing in on my tan or massage.
    The Salon in IFSC is HORRIFIC. In my experience.

• Advertisement

nursey101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I really need to express a strong opinion about the salon....
    lolola wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way! ......

I've been to The Salon several times and the staff have been nothing but pleasant. Both of you sign up to Boards and your first post each is slagging off The Salon.... hmmm disgruntled competitors maybe?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread locked. Previous thread closed due to legal reasons. See here.

Do not start any more threads to complain about the Salon please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement