Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair accessible wedding venues

Options
  • 07-12-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I am in search of a wedding venue in the Dublin or surrounding counties that is wheelchair accessible or venues that have accomodated wheelchair users for a wedding.

All venues and experiences (good and bad), please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Springfield Hotel in Leixlip is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gra10

Thanks for that, but looking for something with a bit more character. I am getting married and there is a family member in a wheelchair. So accessibility (steps etc) we can work around. More concerned about access to toilets. I like the idea of old stately homes or marquees, just a little concerned about access to wheelchair toilets.

All advice, recommendations welcome.
    Also, where to avoid...

Gra10 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, but looking for something with a bit more character. I am getting married and there is a family member in a wheelchair. So accessibility (steps etc) we can work around. More concerned about access to toilets. I like the idea of old stately homes or marquees, just a little concerned about access to wheelchair toilets.

All advice, recommendations welcome.
    Also, where to avoid...

I gave you advice on it :confused:???? I went to a wedding there myself, and it's all ramped, and they have wheelchair toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gra10

Thanks, it is much appreciated. I have checked the website but i am not keen on that hotel for me.

I was wondering if there is any other venues that people may recommend.

Fair enough.

Maybe ring around a few/send e-mails with your enquiry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Try Airfield House in Dundrum - they are doing renovations at present, so you'll have to make sure they are back open again before the wedding. Pearse Museum in St Enda's Park in Rathfarnham is a nice venue, though I'm not if they do weddings.

There are lots of modern hotels that are quite accessible.

Advertisement