Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts for American Family

Options
  • 07-12-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm looking to send some nice Christmas gifts to what is basically my 2nd family over in America.

I've been looking at all sorts of wine hampers and gift baskets on Amazon, but can't seem to find anything reliable looking. Too many look like tiny baskets that are more like samples of gifts (like one nice cookie/chocolate/etc per "box of cookies/chocolates/etc", or a dozen tiny pieces of various cheeses in a cheese and cracker basket that you might get one bite out of) rather than nice hearty gifts that they can enjoy over Christmas, instead of just sample.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with Amazon? I figured their free delivery in the States would allow me to get them something nicer, but from what I've seen, it's not that great a site for gift baskets. I'd rather send something nice and bulky direct from the internet, rather than buy something here and send it by post, killing my budget.

I'm looking to spend about $70/€50, but that can easily be broken into 2 or 3 smaller family gifts, rather than one "big" one... so anything nice for 20/30/40 will also do.

Doesn't necessarily have to be wine, cheese, chocolates, crackers, or cookies. They're just the things that came to mind when considering gift-sets.

If it's of any use, they're living in Virginia (Manassas), and I'm currently scouting for local stores that could deliver to them too. But figured it wouldn't hurt to seek advice here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help.

--

Here's probably the best looking one I've found so far: Gourmet Gift

And then something smaller like this, that could go with other sets: Chocolate Liqueurs

Comments

Advertisement