Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 07-12-2011 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I don't know if i'm in the right place but i'll try here!!

So the story is I took my airtricity card to the post office last friday and paid my bill in full.

Childrens allowance came in yesterday, check online banking today and i only have 13e left after airtricity have taken the money by direct debit and have credited my account with the money i paid in last Friday.

If you followed that then can you give me some advice?

I emailed them straight away asking for a refund, but i'm worried that they won't see the amount as a large amount and won't refund me.

I'm so annoyed because i was counting on that money for clothes and nappies for my son, i had it all budgeted for christmas.

I can't ring them until tomorrow either goddammit!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The direct debit was probably already presented for collection before you made the payment - you need to allow for a certain amount of time if doing this on an account that has direct debit set up. You also need to allow for the time it takes for a post office payment to process. Your payment was made very close to the date of direct debit collection.

All you can do is ask them to try and make the refund as high priority as possible. Ring them instead of emailing. I hope it doesn't take long to resolve. Bear in mind too though, your use of fuel in the interim will reduce the amount of credit for refund, but that will obviously be reflected as a reduction in your next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The same thing happened to me with UPC, once the bill arrives, they cannot stop the DD request so if you pay early, you pay twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

If you have a problem getting a refund try contacting your local Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS), they should be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 clarab

Thanks a million for the replys. Rang them and got it all sorted apart from waiting ages to get through it was sorted fairly Sharpish, money should be back by Friday in my account.

Advertisement