Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseeker's allowance didn't have arrears when i collected it.

• 07-12-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

As the title above say's.
    My jobseeker's allowance claim was finally processed and i was told i could expect my first payment to be in the post office as of yesterday.
    So i didn't get around to the post office yesterday as i'm dying with the flu at the moment so dragged myself around there today.
    I got paid for the last 6 day's but got no arrears..
    Is this because i was late to collect ?
    The letter i received told me my arrears would be included in my first payment..
    The letter also stated that my arrears would available to collect as of thurs of last week but i didn't get the letter until monday:confused:
    Can anybody tell me what the heck these clowns are at ??:mad:
    I'm so worried they are not gonna give me my arrears.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I have seen this happen before. Just go into your local social welfare office and they will sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭emmbaasee

Thanks. It's an absolute joke the way this system operates sometimes..
    Tried there phone line all day more or less and nobody ever answered.
    They clearly don't answer there phones at all
    Scandelous:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

yes id say simple mistake just head into the sw office

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mia78

if the payment is over a certain amount it cant go to post office as they wont be able to pay out so a lot of cases of arrears have to be issued by cheque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

AFAIK arrears are usually paid by cheque which is issued about 2 weeks after the first payment is paid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement