Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ( serious sam 3 )er

Options
  • 07-12-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I AM IN LOVE LADS and i had a tear of JOY today! :p

1. I found 2 most favorite lost friends today! health bar/counter and armor bar/counter!!!

2. there are secrets all over the place, finally i can look for those extra armors and bullets!

3. smashing something with a sledge hammer was newer so satisfying!

4. DUKE SAM has some balls of STEEL!

Seriously lads ( irony ) this game is fliping awesome! :D

19633d1318909625-serious-sam-3-serious-sam-3-151.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Every clip I've seen of this game simply made me want to play it more than the last. Is it PC only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Seriously lads ( irony ) this game is fliping awesome! :D

That's not Irony, it's a pun! But Seriously(Pun intended) I need to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deathrider wrote: »
    Every clip I've seen of this game simply made me want to play it more than the last. Is it PC only?

it is, but i heard a rumor they will put it on console too, but i dont want to sound like an asshole,but i cant imagine how could you play that with controller... that game will just rape you and then piss on you when its done!

i have to say it is briliantly briliant of old school stuff with "GOOD" modern bits added.

one thing i really really love is the feel of guns and physics. It feels very satisfying when you put a bullet in to some monsters head, or smash the freaking bejesus out of some poor alliens skull!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

it is, but i heard a rumor they will put it on console too, but i dont want to sound like an asshole,but i cant imagine how could you play that with controller... that game will just rape you and then piss on you when its done!

If I can survive with Duke Nukem 3D's awful control system on PS1, I'll survive this :p
    I'm definitely hoping for a console release, because this looks like brilliant craic. If not- Damn my home console tendancies!

Am i the only on on boards.ie that has SS3 :(.

i just came back from a good wee session again. its so class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hehehe, Croteams response to piracy?

Immortal Pink Scorpion.......ACTIVATE!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

16 player co-op!

I just heard about that scorpion thing from some YouTube comment. I really loled.

That is class drm if you ask me :)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That looks like fun. I might need to buy this game...

I just got double barrel shotgun. It's freaking sick!

I am playing on hard and I though it was too easy, but now I think it's damn hard when game got a bit further :)

It's really damn fun game. That's what duke nuken forever needed to do.

I was just wondering how they did that scorpion trick with illegal copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What's the multiplayer like?

I newer tried m8. SS was always a single player rape fest for me, I newer had intrest in mp.

It should be good I guess, but I am having way too much fun on sp.

P.s. I am so surprised that there is such a lack of intrest on boards.ie on serious Sam 3... Considering there are so many moaners about grey modern military shooters. It's a great game with fps roots and modern tweaks which make this game greater.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some of us just aren't PC gamers. If this came out on 360, I'd be all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Mr E wrote: »
    Some of us just aren't PC gamers. If this came out on 360, I'd be all over it.
    Well the HD versions of the First and Second Encounter on on XBLA. We could have a go with the co op and the competitive (which strangely enough, is only on the Second Encounter).

But yeah, I want my console Serious Sam 3 already. Not bothered to get a PC for it, right now.

Well the HD versions of the First and Second Encounter on on XBLA. We could have a go with the co op and the competitive (which strangely enough, is only on the Second Encounter).

But yeah, I want my console Serious Sam 3 already. Not bothered to get a PC for it, right now.

sooner or later you will have to leave peasant cloths and become PC master race...

*runs out in fear of pitchforks and torches!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have the first serious sam on the xbox
    it's alright. better on pc obviously but the console version gives you a good idea what the game should be like

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Did anyone else get this?

Anyone fancy some co-op?

Screw it, it looks like what Duke Nukem' Forever tried to do but didn't quite manage. <buys>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Too many games out at the moment to pick this up right now so will wait for it to go on sale and probably get a friend and co-op the whole thing.

Played Sam 1 + 2 when they were initially released all those years ago and used to love the pure mayhem they brought!

Honestly lads. If you got a pc and want good old stuff, then you have to get serious sam 3.

I promise, it was never so satisfying to crush skulls with sledge hammer then now. Double barrel shotgun in to the face - awesome!

• Advertisement

<awaiting download from Steam>

Is it as satisfying as wading through a horde of enemies in Painkiller with the choppy blades, sending blood and limbs flying off in all directions? Because that may have caused me to cackle maniacally...

Sarky wrote: »
    <awaiting download from Steam>

Is it as satisfying as wading through a horde of enemies in Painkiller with the choppy blades, sending blood and limbs flying off in all directions? Because that may have caused me to cackle maniacally...
    Newer played painkiller, but I heard its good.

If you played Sam 1 and 2 then it will be fun.

I recomend playing on hard atleast, begginig is a bit slow as its clearly has in mind noobies and people born not so long ago...

It picks up after a wee bit and you will start crying :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god I remember one particular bit in SS1.. walked into an egyptian style HUGE walled but still bastardly enclosed open air room.

the massive door closes behind me and then enemies just start jumping over the walls in ungodly numbers. every wave I killed the game gave me about 10 seconds to breath and collect some ammo/health before sending another massive wave of even harder enemies jumping over the walls.
    I forget how many waves came in the end, but jesus.. it was amazing.

god I remember one particular bit in SS1.. walked into an egyptian style HUGE walled but still bastardly enclosed open air room.

the massive door closes behind me and then enemies just start jumping over the walls in ungodly numbers. every wave I killed the game gave me about 10 seconds to breath and collect some ammo/health before sending another massive wave of even harder enemies jumping over the walls.
    I forget how many waves came in the end, but jesus.. it was amazing.

Remeber those animal skeletons who run at you then jump, they get that sound of drums while running?

Let me say this: they fecking back and will kick you in the nuts more times then anything else!

Oh yeah Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhjh kamikaze fellas are back too. If you will play ss3 make sure you got 5.1 or gg

Played again. Killed one more boss.

It is really getting harder and harder. It feels like it was a walking in a park and now I am getting gang banged like a champ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

serious sam are amazing games, ah the memories. Love that bit you talk about digby

Oh, this game IS rather fun.

Those headless kamikazes are the most infuriating things. Even more so when you're trying to deal with those minotaur wotsits. Frantic twitch-reflex fun, to be sure.

Advertisement