Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in circumstances need to downgrade Meteor bill

Options
  • 07-12-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

hey lads, I got the iphone 4 last June when it came out on meteor and decided to keep my free meteor to meteor calls and texts + get good data I needed to go for the 65 p/m option.

This was expensive but I decided with 400mins + 400texts + 5gb data + free calls + texts to the missus + most of my friends there's no way I could go over.

Anyway things changed big time in work and in order to keep my job I had to make myself available to travel...constantly....for 2 years...outside EU.:eek:

I knew when getting the phone that I would have to do some travel inside the EU up until next Jan and was assured by the sales assistant the due to no roaming charges being in the EU was "exactly like being in Ireland" except the calls are outside my minutes:rolleyes:Edit: Which I wasn't told at the time

So basically my smallest bill since I got the thing was the 65 first month I was at home, then after that I have been paying well over 100 euro for my bill, mostly using no data and no texts or minutes. My last months bill was 175 without a single bit of my plan used!!!

I rang meteor and asked if it would be possible to be downgraded as my circumstances changed and the evidence is very clear if they look at my bills since getting the contract. I suggested the 45p/m plan as a possible alternative but they can't do anything for me.
    I think this is a bit unfair as I am willing to keep paying A bill, just not 3 times what I signed up to!

The only other option I see is the ole "stop paying the hures" trick but I don't want to go down that route.

O keep reading here that when they change something about pricing that I am entitled to get out of the contract, where could I find this info??

Cheers.

M.

Advertisement