Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pvr Editing Problems

Options
  • 07-12-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Ive been using Vegas pro 10 and 11 because i can and they both started to break down and closes any other options for rendering and please dont say movie maker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Buy more RAM. Its what I ended up having to do. What have you got at the moment spec-wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 xi3

Buy more RAM. Its what I ended up having to do. What have you got at the moment spec-wise?

http://gyazo.com/f6ac69e3e94722001ef030c0d8ce423c

Yeah you need more RAM. My PC came with 3G, and Vegas was freezing up on me. If you were editing small videos it would be fine, but the PVR recordings can be huge both in size and quality, meaning Vegas is trying to use more and more momeory to keep itself running.

Went down to PC world and came back with an extra 8GB of RAM for €50, but you could probably get it even cheaper online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

2GB, yea you haven't a hope for heavy editing with that. You'd ideally need at least 4GB minimum, or a different editing program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You have a Celeron......

Nuff said

• Advertisement

I plan on upgrading to 4gb after christmas but i was trying with a few other programs and i found adobe premiere pro cs5.5 good has anyone else tried this ??

I had a laptop with 4GB of RAM, and attempted to use Adobe Pro to edit it. Crashed the laptop multiple times. Used Vegas instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Tallon wrote: »
    You have a Celeron......

Nuff said

I was able to use Vegas for minor editing on a Celeron laptop that was less powerful than the one linked, so it's not solely the processor - although it did have 3GB of RAM.

I would never use celeron for editing! burn out everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

xi3 wrote: »
    I plan on upgrading to 4gb after christmas but i was trying with a few other programs and i found adobe premiere pro cs5.5 good has anyone else tried this ??

I had Premiere Pro CS5 with a 2.1Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4gb of ram and it didnt run very well.It was a small bit laggy and render times were long. You wouldnt have a hope of running it properly with 2 gb of ram but 4gb would be acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 Platinum but only have problems with trying to edit PVR recording using the Hauppage Gaming HD PVR. Vegas stops responding if i try an edit m2ts files so I have to convert them to WMV before using Sony Vegas. I have 8gb of ram, 1gb graphics card and 2.67 i5 cpu. Ideally I would like to edit using Vegas without converting to WMV but I read somewhere else that the Audio codec that the HD PVR uses is causing Vegas to stop responding.

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 Platinum but only have problems with trying to edit PVR recording using the Hauppage Gaming HD PVR. Vegas stops responding if i try an edit m2ts files so I have to convert them to WMV before using Sony Vegas. I have 8gb of ram, 1gb graphics card and 2.67 i5 cpu. Ideally I would like to edit using Vegas without converting to WMV but I read somewhere else that the Audio codec that the HD PVR uses is causing Vegas to stop responding.
    May i ask how are you converting it

I've been converting them to WMV too.

I've been using this for months. http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Works great, but may take a long time to convert the M2TS files. I record in bulk from the PS3, then leave it to convert them all for an evening.

Sounds like the Vegas handler is installed incorrectly. Try reinstalling it

Mine has no issues at all handling multiple m2ts files

xi3 wrote: »
    May i ask how are you converting it
    Converting using the Arcsoft Software that came with the PVR.

I've been converting them to WMV too.

I've been using this for months. http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Works great, but may take a long time to convert the M2TS files. I record in bulk from the PS3, then leave it to convert them all for an evening.

Thats basically what I'm doing too only using the Arcsoft Showbiz to capture and convert, i'll try that free video converter it might be faster, thanks!

Tallon wrote: »
    Sounds like the Vegas handler is installed incorrectly. Try reinstalling it

Mine has no issues at all handling multiple m2ts files
    I will reinstall Vegas I and see what happens, strange this is that it will read m2ts files ripped from bluray using DVDfab.

Advertisement