Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR Subforum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I say we pitch in and buy DeVore a SWTOR account for Christmas. That'll give us a bit of sway for a new forum.

I'm 50/50 on the idea, though. I'll support it, but I'd have reservations about the longevity of it. It being Star Wars and Bioware will give it a hell of a boost, and sure the worst that can happen is that the admins say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bribery for proposals passing? tsk tsk. :p(Where do I send the money?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Raphael wrote: »
    It's not that they couldn't handle it, it's that Cat mods job isn't to mod day to day - they're job is to keep watch over the entire cat, and focusing on one forum loses them the big picture - it also servers to undermine the dispute resolution process, as the cat mods are the first court of appeal. I'd agree it's small, but small means one dedicated mod - honestly, MMOs is currently lacking, it could do with a second to get it up to scratch. (nothing against Ivan, 2 mods is just much better than one)
    Actually looking at here it seems you are definitely right. It might be worth bringing it up with Mr. E and Sierra Oscar.
    Raphael wrote: »
    TBH, I think it's as well that you didn't say anything sooner, because the last 6 weeks sure as hell didn't justify one. The next 2 or 3 will, and the latter 2 or 3 will be where the decision really comes down to.
    This I definitely agree with. There actually was a SWTOR forum request during the summer. It didn't hit the +18 in the 6 weeks so was rejected.
    humanji wrote: »
    I say we pitch in and buy DeVore a SWTOR account for Christmas. That'll give us a bit of sway for a new forum.
    Well we have Dav's support which will certainly help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Blowfish wrote: »
    Actually looking at here it seems you are definitely right. It might be worth bringing it up with Mr. E and Sierra Oscar.

They're aware, as it happens.

Blowfish wrote: »
    There actually was a SWTOR forum request during the summer. It didn't hit the +18 in the 6 weeks so was rejected.
    Well we have Dav's support which will certainly help.

Really? I don't recall that at all and I've been rather active with anything as regards SWTOR. Was there any advertising of it here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Really? I don't recall that at all and I've been rather active with anything as regards SWTOR. Was there any advertising of it here?
    Nope, I actually only spotted it myself after popping into the Forums Approved/Rejected after reading your thread.

Yeah, went looking for it myself and found it. Really surprised there was nothing said about it here given without it the chances of ordinary members being aware enough to vote was near zero.

20 positive votes in under 24 hours is also a huge boost. It's a pity there's no way to get the process sped up under the circumstances. I have a feeling we're going to have a glut of SWTOR related threads dominating the first page here for the next few weeks. I understand the importance of the first month as an evaluation period but I don't want other people's threads getting drowned out either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As I said, speeding it up wouldn't be a good idea - those postlaunch weeks are going to be an important part of the decision making progress.

The MMO forum will get a bit dominated by it, though. C'est la vie.

Oh I know mate, as I said I'd just feel bad if in that time a proliferation of SWTOR-related threads drowned out any other discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gave it my plus 1, I'll probably be posting most relative star wars stuff on our commnuity/guild forums but sure no harm having one here for the general discussion

• Advertisement
Advertisement