Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware if signing up for Emobile

Options
  • 07-12-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Be warned if you are going to sign up for them that their terms and conditions, and even pay plans, can change at the drop of a hat.

I signed up at the end of October for a simple 20 euro top up deal. For that I would get 30 days of free texts to any network and free landline calls. Simple enough, I thought. This evening I realised I had been charged for texts despite having topped up a few days ago (Dec 3rd). So I called their customer care.

The first guy couldn't tell me what plan I was on because he couldn't "access" my account. He then tried to tell me I had signed up for another plan. He told me he could reset my account but that would mean I'd lose the 40 euro credit on my balance. In the end I hung up after three 5 minute holds.

The second chap had the same issue but was none the wiser. Although he could at least tell me that I was on the 'Variety' plan. An entirely different plan to the one I had signed up for, limited to 250 free texts a a month. When I enquired about the 6 euro refund he said he had made a note on my file and to ring back later "and sure they might give you a few quid". Ring who? Ring the same number. So he wasn't quite convincing, to say the least. "So will I still be charged for texts/landline calls?" I asked. "I don't know, I can't access it". He was very hard to hear for the most part of the call and he told me this was because his microphone kept falling down.

At this stage I had had more than enough and might usually just leave it. But then again I had no idea whether or not I was still being charged incorrectly.

BTW the phone number for customer care is 1890 690000. No answer, don't bother. Ring 1901, select Emobile, sales (obviously not CC) and ask to be put through to Customer Care. I had to laugh at the explanation whilst on hold for the delays that were due to overwhelming interest in their products.

Third time I was speaking to a girl and unfortunately she had the same problem. No idea, no help at all. In the end she said she'd call me back before 6pm and (yeah you've guessed) she didn't. All of the operators had one thing in common - they all were trying their damnedest to get me off the phone rather than solve anything. (I was so bored at this stage I decided to record the call - might put it up on Youtube later).

Just checked. I'm being charged 13cent per text. Woohoo!

Emobile - Emuppets more like.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Be warned if you are going to sign up for them that their terms and conditions, and even pay plans, can change at the drop of a hat.

I signed up at the end of October for a simple 20 euro top up deal. For that I would get 30 days of free texts to any network and free landline calls. Simple enough, I thought. This evening I realised I had been charged for texts despite having topped up a few days ago (Dec 3rd). So I called their customer care.

The first guy couldn't tell me what plan I was on because he couldn't "access" my account. He then tried to tell me I had signed up for another plan. He told me he could reset my account but that would mean I'd lose the 40 euro credit on my balance. In the end I hung up after three 5 minute holds.

The second chap had the same issue but was none the wiser. Although he could at least tell me that I was on the 'Variety' plan. An entirely different plan to the one I had signed up for, limited to 250 free texts a a month. When I enquired about the 6 euro refund he said he had made a note on my file and to ring back later "and sure they might give you a few quid". Ring who? Ring the same number. So he wasn't quite convincing, to say the least. "So will I still be charged for texts/landline calls?" I asked. "I don't know, I can't access it". He was very hard to hear for the most part of the call and he told me this was because his microphone kept falling down.

At this stage I had had more than enough and might usually just leave it. But then again I had no idea whether or not I was still being charged incorrectly.

BTW the phone number for customer care is 1890 690000. No answer, don't bother. Ring 1901, select Emobile, sales (obviously not CC) and ask to be put through to Customer Care. I had to laugh at the explanation whilst on hold for the delays that were due to overwhelming interest in their products.

Third time I was speaking to a girl and unfortunately she had the same problem. No idea, no help at all. In the end she said she'd call me back before 6pm and (yeah you've guessed) she didn't. All of the operators had one thing in common - they all were trying their damnedest to get me off the phone rather than solve anything. (I was so bored at this stage I decided to record the call - might put it up on Youtube later).

Just checked. I'm being charged 13cent per text. Woohoo!

Emobile - Emuppets more like.

Hi Drummersession
    sorry that you were not able to get this issue resolved, can you PM me your tel no and pin, I will have this issue resolved for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Drummersession

PM sent.

PM sent.

Hi Drummersession
    Have received PM thanks, will be in contact as soon as I can.
    Tony

Any luck with this yet? This guy seems to have had the same issue solved:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056473163

Anyone?

• Advertisement

Anyone?
    Hi Drummersession
    Am awaiting on tech support for update today, we can then apply the plan as you asked..Sorry for the delay, there is a technical issue which did not allow the application of plan. Will be back later today
    Tony

Advertisement